What’s Happening in August at Leonard Florence Center for Living!
It’s a busy month at the Leonard Florence Center for Living. Activities Director Jimy Aguilar has implemented two new groups for residents this summer. We now have a men’s talk group, led by our beloved Bob Richman, which meets every Monday at 11am in our café. The women’s talk group, back by popular demand, will be held on every other Thursday in August. Residents get together to talk about any subjects they want – current events, families, health, life experiences, food and more. As one would expect, there were many questions, comments and a great deal of laughter.
Our recent outing to Polcari’s was a huge success, made even more special because two of our vent residents were able to join us, along with Mr. Berman. It was a wonderful day for everyone who attended. Upcoming August activities include our popular Monday concerts with the great Jimmy Honohan as well as trips to Kowloon’s and Jimmy’s Steer House restaurants.
It’s a big month for birthdays at Leonard Florence Center! Of special note is Mildred Walker, who turned 100 on August 10. Her family surprised her with a small party on the front patio a few days before her actual birthday. Wishing Mildred and all of the following residents a very Happy Birthday!
- Marilyn Newhook, August 1, 95
- David Rogers, August 1; age 72
- Richard Pianowski, August 1; age 67
- Laura Carchia, August 7, age 89
- Jerome Osgood, August 4; age 79
- Dana Dorfman, August 10; age 73
- Mildred Walker, August 13, age 100
- Bradley Thomas, August 23; age 64
- Veronica Ferguson, August 24; age 72
- Charles Davis, August 27; age 77
- Natalie Mason, August 31; age 95