The combined vision of architect/resident Steve Saling and Chelsea Jewish Lifecare’s Barry Berman resulted in the revolutionary ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis) and MS (multiple sclerosis) houses located at the Leonard Florence Center for Living.
Our advanced technology enables our residents to independently navigate our spaces. The Leonard Florence Center also offers traditional long-term care and short-term rehab.
In response to the Commonwealth of Massachusetts’ need for long-term ventilator care, the Leonard Florence Center for Living opened two ventilator homes. State-of-the-art portable ventilators with a unified respiratory system make it easy to switch and customize therapies, creating one easy-to-manage system. These ventilators offer greater mobility to our residents.
- First urban Green House® model of care in the country
- ALS and MS homes
- Ventilator homes
- Traditional long-term care
- Short term rehab
- 10 households comprised of 10 rooms each
- All private rooms and baths
- Meals prepared in each household
- Beauty salon, spa, library, café, chapel, outdoor patios
- Employed therapy staff
- In-house visits by physicians and nurse practitioners
- Psychiatric support services
- Rehab gym
- Technological assist to enable independence and navigation
- Specialized activities and outings
- Medicare and Medicaid approved
- Select other insurances accepted