Sign up for email alerts about new jobs.
Speech Language Pathologist (SLP)
SLP – Speech Language Pathologist (Per-Diem) | Leonard Florence Center for Living
The Leonard Florence Center for Living, located in scenic and historic “Admirals Hill” in Chelsea, MA is part of Chelsea Jewish Lifecare–a non-profit, mission driven organization which has been providing innovative care to the elderly and disabled in Massachusetts for over 100 years!
The Leonard Florence Center for Living sets the stage for a model of care that is far removed from traditional nursing homes. The prevailing goal of the Leonard Florence Center is to create a "real" home that provides exceptional care, but also supports those seeking to redefine the worth and meaning of late life and those living with debilitating diseases. It is not only the first urban Green House skilled nursing facility in the country, but it also has the remarkable distinction of showcasing three homes dedicated to caring for individuals living with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (known as ALS or Lou Gehrig's disease) and multiple sclerosis (M.S.). Most recently, we opened a state-of-the-art Ventilator Unit—the only one of the kind in the country!
Position Summary: As a member of our Therapy Team, the SLP – Speech Language Pathologist provides direct speech therapy services to our residents and patients by assisting in the assessment and treatment of therapeutic interventions with the highest level of professionalism, care and compassion. They maintain pertinent documentation, carry out appropriate treatment plans under supervision of the Director of Rehabilitation.
- Rewarding job within an outstanding and recognized organization
- Great working environment in our state-of-the-art facility located on Admirals Hill
- Inclusive company culture
- Free Parking
- Free Meals
- Facility Accessible by MBTA Commuter Rail and Bus
- And more!
- Current Massachusetts Licensure as an SLP – Speech Language Pathologist
- Experience in Geriatrics long-term care or short-term rehab is preferred
- Maintains educational competency as required by state and federal regulations
- Ability to stand, sit, walk, bend and squat for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to push, pull objects and lift/carry up to 20 pounds unassisted on a frequent basis and up to 50 pounds or more with assistance on occasion
- Ability to interact effectively with residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, the general public and other staff members
Apply today and become part of our Chelsea Jewish Lifecare team at the Leonard Florence Center for Living!
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare conducts extensive background checks and professional references for all potential employees. You must be able to provide a recent physical and required immunizations.
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is an equal opportunity employer, veterans & disability. All qualified individuals will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity or expression, genetics, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, political affiliation, veteran status or any other status that is protected by local, state or federal law.
Why Choose Chelsea Jewish
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is committed to being an “Employer of Choice”. We offer multiple employment opportunities for people with various interests and backgrounds interested in working in a variety of health care settings. At Chelsea Jewish Lifecare, you will find a great working environment and an excellent compensation package for eligible employees.
Diversity & Inclusion
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.