Sign up for email alerts about new jobs.
Wait Staff / Server
Wait Staff (Assisted Living, Part Time)
Kaplan Estates, nestled on our beautiful campus in Peabody MA, is part of Chelsea Jewish Lifecare–a non-profit, mission driven organization which has been providing innovative care to seniors in Massachusetts for over 100 years! Kaplan Estates is an Assisted Living Community that offers the perfect balance of independence and support for our active seniors where they can experience worry-free living at its best, and receive personal attention that goes one step beyond!
Position Summary: We are looking for Wait Staff who have a desire to be a part of our extended family-like community. Qualified individuals will courteously and professionally serve residents in the dining room in a kind, courteous and caring manner.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY:
- Competitive pay
- Rewarding job within an outstanding and recognized organization
- Great work environment
- Opportunity for growth within the organization
- Inclusive company culture
- Free Parking
- Free Meals
- Free Groceries every Friday from our company store
- Easy access from 128/95, Rte 1 to our campus on Lynnfield St.
- And more!
- Takes food and beverage orders from residence and serves meals on a timely basis that are both presentable and appetizing an appearance.
- Sets up and delivers meals to residence apartment receiving room service.
- Handles request from residence to require assistance with meal selection or have specific needs.
- Set up dining room for the next scheduled meal.
- Assist in inventorying supplies.
- Attends in service program seminars and workshops as directed.
- Advises supervisor one supplies diminish for re-order.
- Exhibits strong customer service skills with residence visitors and their families.
- Follows all safety regulations and infection control procedures when performing daily tasks.
- Takes and delivers accurate meals orders to residents
- Serve residents beverages and food as requested
- Review daily menu with residents
- Maintains a neat and orderly work area
- Informs their Supervisor of food needs and resident questions and concerns
- Setting up and breaking down dining rooms
- Must keep work stations neat and stocked
- Must be able to follow written and oral instructions in English.
- Must have knowledge of dietary procedures as well as related health department regulations and guidelines pertaining to food service operations.
- Must be able to serve food and beverages for residence in a prompt and efficient manner
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous dining room and server experience
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- This is primarily a standing position where an employee may be required to stand in one place for extended periods of time they will also be exposed to extreme heat and cold temperatures
Hours: 16 hours/week
Schedule: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday: 3:30pm – 7:30pm and Sunday: 6:00am – 2:30pm
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare conducts extensive background checks and professional references for all potential employees. If selected for hire, you must be able to provide a recent physical and required immunizations including full-vaccination status for Covid-19.
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is an equal opportunity employer, veterans & disability. All qualified individuals will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity or expression, genetics, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, political affiliation, veteran status or any other status that is protected by local, state or federal law.
Why Choose Chelsea Jewish
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is committed to being an “Employer of Choice”. We offer multiple employment opportunities for people with various interests and backgrounds interested in working in a variety of health care settings. At Chelsea Jewish Lifecare, you will find a great working environment and an excellent compensation package for eligible employees.
Diversity & Inclusion
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.