Sign up for email alerts about new jobs.
Vice President of Development
Legacy Lifecare, is seeking a Vice President of Development to join our valued team of talented individuals.
Legacy Lifecare is a non-profit management resources collaborative, providing small-to-mid-sized non-profit providers of housing and healthcare to seniors and the disabled access to the managerial infrastructure needed to succeed in today’s complex world. With deep expertise in strategy, finance, operations and support systems management, Legacy Lifecare enables its not-for-profit affiliates to preserve their missions and identities while gaining access to sophisticated managerial services and collaborative opportunities ordinarily only available to larger organizations.
Legacy Lifecare currently consists of Chelsea Jewish Lifecare of Chelsea and Peabody, JGS Lifecare of Longmeadow, and Deutsches Altenheim of West Roxbury. Together, these mission-driven non-profits, have over 300 years of combined experience in serving their communities. The three organizations operate award-winning skilled nursing facilities, traditional and memory care assisted living residences, and independent living, across five campuses in Massachusetts. Additional services include home health care, hospice and palliative care, adult day health and aging life care. In addition to serving seniors, Chelsea Jewish Lifecare also has special programs for individuals living with ALS, Multiple Sclerosis, and those requiring chronic ventilator care.
Position Title: Vice President of Development
Reporting directly to the Chief Philanthropy Officer, the Vice President of Development is tasked with leading all fundraising programs and strategy development across two of the three affiliates of Legacy: Chelsea Jewish Lifecare and JGS Lifecare. As this is a new role, candidates should be excited about the prospect of “co-creating” this role with the existing team.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collaborates with the Chief Philanthropy Officer, CEO, existing fundraising professionals and the Boards of the affiliated organizations to develop and implement the organization’s fundraising goals;
- Partners with the Chief Philanthropy Officer, CEO, existing fundraising professionals and the Boards of the affiliated organizations to identify and solicit major gift prospects; implement marketing plan for the capital campaigns;
- Provides leadership and strategic direction by planning and implementing a development program through major gifts, planned gifts, annual funds, grant writing, and donor prospecting and research;
- Develops and implements strategies to inspire greater engagement and participation within the foundation’s programs and fund development activities;
- Identifies, cultivates, and builds relationships with prospective donors and partners
- Oversee planning and execution for fundraising events
- Researches, develops and executes a Major Gifts program
- Minimum: Bachelor’s Degree. Preferred: Bachelors plus additional fundraising-related certification(s), or a degree in business, communications, public relations or related field.
- Demonstrated success from previous employment of fundraising and development activities.
- Ability to travel extensively (up to 50%) throughout the state of Massachusetts between our 5 campus locations on a regular basis.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint and utilization of telephone and video conference meetings.
- Possess a valid, state-issued driver’s license, reliable transportation and pass a background-check.
Desired Personal Qualities:
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills possessing a high level of comfort with direct donor interaction, working and communicating at all levels
- Ability to work independently and collaborate as an integral part of a Team
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; Exceptional communication skills: verbal, written, and public speaking to represent the Organization at events
- Must be extremely organized, detail-oriented, and work well under pressure to manage multiple assignments with stringent deadlines concurrently
Work Status: Full-Time/40 Hours/Exempt
Legacy Lifecare offers a robust portfolio of benefits to our valued employees who qualify, including:
- BC/BS Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Voluntary Life/Disability/Accident Insurance/Critical Illness
- Pet Insurance
- Earned Paid Time Off
- Holiday Paid Time Off
- Paid Birthday
Apply: Qualified and interested applicants must submit a current resume and cover letter to be considered.
Legacy Lifecare and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers. All qualified individuals will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity or expression, genetics, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, political affiliation, veteran status or any other status that is protected by local, state or federal law.
Why Choose Chelsea Jewish
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is committed to being an “Employer of Choice”. We offer multiple employment opportunities for people with various interests and backgrounds interested in working in a variety of health care settings. At Chelsea Jewish Lifecare, you will find a great working environment and an excellent compensation package for eligible employees.
Diversity & Inclusion
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.