Sign up for email alerts about new jobs.
Unit Secretary – Brudnick Center for Living
Brudnick Center for Living
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is a residential and post-acute care provider that consistently delivers high-quality, compassionate care while focusing on the development of innovative programs and services that enable individuals to live as independently as possible. We are seeking a Unit Secretary to join our team at the Brudnick Center for Living. The right person will have a strong administrative background and excellent customer service and organizational skills.
Position Summary: Provide personal administrative support to management of the floor through conducting and organizing administrative duties and activities including receiving and handling information for the unit. Perform routine clerical and administrative functions such as drafting correspondence, scheduling appointments, organizing and maintaining paper and electronic files, or providing information to callers.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Organize and coordinate the unit/floor
- Take, type and distribute assignments
- Implement and maintain office supplies stocked
- Arrange and confirm appointments for residents/patients
- Handle incoming phone calls, mail and other material
- Answer telephones and give information to callers, take messages, or transfer calls to appropriate individuals.
- Arrange transportation for residents/patients
- Greet visitors and callers, handle their inquiries, and direct them to the appropriate persons according to their needs.
- Locate and attach appropriate files to incoming correspondence requiring replies.
- Make copies of correspondence and other printed material.
- Set up and maintain paper and electronic filing systems for records, correspondence, and other material.
- Conduct searches to find needed information, using such sources as the Internet.
- Establish work procedures and schedules, and keep track of the daily work of clerical staff.
- Operate office equipment such as fax machines, copiers, and phone systems, and use computers for spreadsheet, word processing, database management, and other applications.
- Associate’s degree preferred but not required
- Excellent customer service and organizational skills
- Ability to seamlessly multitask
- Ability to adjust to new or changing situations and stresses
- Possesses a high degree of initiative and resourcefulness
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills
- Ability to stand, sit, and walk for prolonged periods of time on a frequent basis
- Ability to bend and squat for prolonged periods of time on an infrequent basis
- Ability to push/pull objects and lift/carry up to 20 lbs. on a frequent basis and up to 50 lbs. or more with assistance on an infrequent basis.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
Hours: Full-time position, 10am to 6:30pm
- Health and Dental insurance
- Retirement Plan
- PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Competitive pay
Chelsea Jewish Lifecareconducts extensive background checks and professional references for all potential employees. You must be able to provide a recent physical and required immunizations.
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is an equal opportunity employer, veterans & disability. All qualified individuals will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity or expression, genetics, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, political affiliation, veteran status or any other status that is protected by local, state or federal law.
Why Choose Chelsea Jewish
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is committed to being an “Employer of Choice”. We offer multiple employment opportunities for people with various interests and backgrounds interested in working in a variety of health care settings. At Chelsea Jewish Lifecare, you will find a great working environment and an excellent compensation package for eligible employees.
Diversity & Inclusion
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.