Sign up for email alerts about new jobs.
Unit Manager / House Mentor (RN or LPN)
Unit Manager/House Mentor (RN or LPN)
Be a part of the first and only Green House Ventilator Program in the world! The Leonard Florence Center for Living, located in scenic and historic “Admirals Hill” in Chelsea, MA is part of Chelsea Jewish Lifecare–a non-profit, mission driven organization which has been providing innovative care to the elderly and disabled in Massachusetts for over 100 years!
Position Summary: The RN/LPN Unit Manager / House Mentor is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day department activities of a Green House Household. You will be working on a busy and vibrant short-term rehabilitation unit in a modern facility with staffing ratios above industry averages, an on-site medical group, and a unique “household” model of care. You will be part of a management team of proven, dedicated professionals committed to quality care and personal growth.
- Assumes responsibility for all nursing care provided to residents within an assigned unit; knows the residents’ conditions at all times; observes and supervises nursing care according to physician’s orders and in conformance with recognized nursing techniques and procedures, established standards and administrative policies.
- Recognizes and interprets symptoms, reports on residents’ conditions and assists with or institutes remedial measures of adverse developments.
- Assists in maintaining a physical, social and psychological environment which is conducive to the best interest and welfare of residents.
- Investigates and studies trends and developments in nursing practices and techniques and assesses their adaptability to the needs of specific nursing policies.
- Instructs staff in the use of policies and procedures and assures that all policies and procedures are followed by nursing staff.
- RN or LPN or graduate from an accredited school of nursing
- Current RN licensed is required
- One (1) to Three (3) years’ experience as a supervisor, preferred
- Must have excellent clinical assessment skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively
- Must be able to demonstrate organizational skills
Hours: Full-time, 40 hours/week, M-F.
- Rewarding job within an outstanding and recognized organization
- Great working environment in our state-of-the-art facility located on Admirals Hill
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Company-funded Life Insurance Policy
- Voluntary STD, LTD, Accident, Critical Illness Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Savings
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid time off, vacation and sick time
- Paid Birthday with Pay
- Tuition reimbursement
- Inclusive company culture
- Free Meals and Snacks!
- Free Groceries at our store!
- Free Parking!
- Facility Accessible by MBTA Commuter Rail and Bus and Rtes 93/1/1A/16
- And more!
Apply today and become part of our Chelsea Jewish Lifecare team at the Leonard Florence Center for Living!
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare conducts extensive background checks and professional references for all potential employees. If selected for hire, you must be able to provide a recent physical and required immunizations including fully-vaccinated status for Covid-19.
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is an equal opportunity employer, veterans & disability. All qualified individuals will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity or expression, genetics, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, political affiliation, veteran status or any other status that is protected by local, state or federal law.
Why Choose Chelsea Jewish
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is committed to being an “Employer of Choice”. We offer multiple employment opportunities for people with various interests and backgrounds interested in working in a variety of health care settings. At Chelsea Jewish Lifecare, you will find a great working environment and an excellent compensation package for eligible employees.
Diversity & Inclusion
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.