Sign up for email alerts about new jobs.
Trained Nursing Assistant (TNA)
Trained Nursing Assistant
Full time and part time positions on 1st and 2nd shift available!
Have you ever dreamt of becoming a Certified Nursing Assistant? Do you have a passion for caring for people? Now is your chance! We train you! Pay you! Employee you! And then promote you!
Get paid for training, immediate employment, and opportunity for advancement with our Trained Nursing Assistant program!
JGS Lifecare is currently seeking candidates for our Trained Nursing Assistant positions. These positions are assistants to the CNAs. They provide direct and indirect care to residents under the supervision of a nurse and perform other duties assigned by nurses and other clinical and administrative leadership. The Trained Nursing Assistants collaborate with the interdisciplinary team to maximize the quality of life for our residents. They are responsible for performing a variety of functions as assigned and are expected to adhere to the provisions in the employee handbook.
Standards and Responsibilities:
Indirect Resident Care Duties:
- Performs duties of homemaker when needed
- Answers call light in a timely manner
- Places all belongings within patients reach (call light, pitcher, glasses, remote, etc.)
- Serves and collect meal trays, assists during meals, sanitizes/cleans tables after meals
- Assists residents in communication involving technology (Zoom, Face time, others)
- Assists with monitoring residents in common area to maintain safety, providing 1:1 supervision as needed
- Assists residents in admission and discharge including inventory of belongings
- Gathers supplies needed for provision of care
- Makes unoccupied beds
- Assists residents in activity engagement of their choice and interest
- Assists in assigned housekeeping tasks
- Performs other indirect care duties normally assigned to CNAs and homemakers as directed.
Direct Resident Care Duties:
- Primarily performs selected CNA tasks after training
- Assist residents who are not on aspiration or swallowing risks during meals
- Performs incontinent care in bed to residents who are able to move in bed
- Makes occupied bed
- Provides full or partial bed bath
- Assists residents in dressing and personal hygiene
- Assists CNAs during provision of with residents requiring 2-staff assistance except in mechanical transfer
- Assists in getting weights
- Performs all other CNA tasks after training
- Performs other direct care duties normally assigned to CNAs, with training, as directed
Limitation of Duties:
- The following tasks regularly done by CNAs andare not part of the TNAs’ responsibilities*
- Transfer of residents (manual or mechanical)
- Assisting resident in shower alone
- Documentation of care or ADLs (CNAs or nurses will document tasks)
- Other documentation: meal percentage, I and O, bowel and bladder function, others
- Must comply with all regulations such as OSHA, EPA, State Health Department, etc.
- Responsible for using personal protective equipment as necessary
- Performs other duties as assigned;
- Ability to respect and communicate effectively with co-workers and managers;
- Strictly adheres to resident’s confidentiality, resident rights and abuse prohibition
- Adheres to facility’s safety regulations and infection control policies and procedures when performing tasks;
- Mandatory reporter of actual and suspected abuse and knowledgeable of facility mandatory reporting practices regarding any suspected cases of abuse, mistreatment, or neglect;
- Maintains safe conditions by monitoring environment for spills, wet floors, needed repairs, lighting, obstacles, etc. and uses safe techniques in all work duties.
Physical Requirements: This position demands good mental and physical health including the ability to lift more than 25 pounds, carry, walk, sit, push, and pull
Must be able to move continuously during work hours. May be required to perform tasks, which involve exposure to visible blood contamination or
Why Choose Chelsea Jewish
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is committed to being an “Employer of Choice”. We offer multiple employment opportunities for people with various interests and backgrounds interested in working in a variety of health care settings. At Chelsea Jewish Lifecare, you will find a great working environment and an excellent compensation package for eligible employees.
Diversity & Inclusion
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.