Sign up for email alerts about new jobs.
Therapeutic Activity Director
Therapeutic Activity Director
Chelsea Jewish Nursing Home – Chelsea
Brudnick Center for Living – Peabody
Chelsea JewishLifeCare, a non-profit organization that is seeking an individual that takes pride in delivering excellence in serving others, especially our elderly population.
- Coordinates department policies and procedures as pertaining to memory loss programming
- Coordinates on-going quality assurance and program evaluations for all memory units and ensures quality care on all memory care households and across all campuses
- Develops, plans, schedules, implements and evaluates effectiveness of individualized therapeutic activity programs which promote physical and emotional well-being and maximize functional independence across all campuses; ensures all such activity programs are designed to promote positive emotion and self-expression
- Determines need for services upon admission to household to ensure best transition period to unfamiliar environment, and lasting effects throughout stay on household
- Ensures a resident/client-centered environment that promotes and maximizes independence of residents, making equipment recommendations as needed; posts identification of resident rooms as necessary to assist with locations
- Provides consultation to members of all departments in an effort to problem solve any issues a resident/client may have related to their memory loss, including 1:1 training/support for direct caregivers, staff and family
- Participates in Care Plan meetings and facility/campus caregiver support groups
- Experience working in a field of memory services and support
- Certified as a Therapy Recreation Specialist or as an activities professional by an accredited body recognized by MA DPH
- Background in one or more of the following areas required: nursing, recreational therapy, social work or occupational therapy
- Maintains educational competency as required by state and federal regulations
- Ability to adjust to new or changing situations and stresses
- Full-time or part-time schedules available
- Health and Dental insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Competitive pay
*Chelsea Jewish LifeCareconducts extensive background checks and professional references for all potential employees. You must be able to provide a recent physical and required immunizations.
Why Choose Chelsea Jewish
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is committed to being an “Employer of Choice”. We offer multiple employment opportunities for people with various interests and backgrounds interested in working in a variety of health care settings. At Chelsea Jewish Lifecare, you will find a great working environment and an excellent compensation package for eligible employees.
Diversity & Inclusion
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.