Sign up for email alerts about new jobs.
Social Worker – Part Time | Katzman Center for Living
Social Worker – Part Time | Katzman Center for Living
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is an award-winning, residential and post-acute care provider that consistently delivers high-quality, compassionate care while focusing on the development of innovative programs and services that enable individuals to live as independently as possible. We are seeking a Social Worker to join our amazing team at our Katzman Center for Living, located in Chelsea, MA.
Position Summary: As a member of our social work team, the Social Worker facilitates residents care within our skilled nursing facility by identifying their psycho-social, mental and emotional needs along with providing, developing, and/or aiding in the access of services to meet those needs. The Social Worker is responsible for fostering a climate, policies and routines that enable residents to maximize their individuality, independence and dignity. This climate shall provide residents with the highest practical level of physical, mental and psycho-social well-being and quality of life.
- Rewarding job within an outstanding and recognized organization
- Great working environment in our remodeled facility
- Opportunities for growth within the Legacy Lifecare network of facilities
- Inclusive company culture
- Free Parking
- Facility Accessible by MBTA Commuter Rail and Bus
- And more!
- Addresses Advanced Directives with residents and/or responsible parties on admission of facility and quarterly.
- Responsible for MMSE on admission. Does social service section of the MDS.
- Completes page 3 of patient care referral form and put in the resident's chart 12-24 hours prior to discharge.
- Works with the interdisciplinary team and administration to promote and protect resident rights and the psychological well-being of each resident.
- Ensures Health Care Proxy is present upon admission of facility and/or is initiated as indicated.
- Participates in quality assurance interdisciplinary team meetings.
- Develops, maintains and utilizes a listing of current community resources that are useful to residents and their families/significant others.
- Educates residents and families/significant others regarding their rights and responsibilities, effective problem solving and the extent of community, health and social services that are available to them, including those necessary for effective discharge planning.
- Assists residents/families complete and submit Mass Health or long term care conversion applications.
- Coordinates the resident discharge planning process and makes referrals for appropriate home care services prior to the resident's return to the community.
- Participates in the development of a written, interdisciplinary plan of care for each resident that identifies the psychosocial needs/issues of the resident, the goals to be accomplished for those needs/issues, and the appropriate social work interventions.
- Discusses with nursing and rehab staff to determine specific resident needs for nursing, therapy, and home equipment needs.
- Exemplifies professionalism and exhibit values which contribute to the achievement of the Mission of the Chelsea Jewish Nursing Home.
- Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
- Notifies Hospice, DDS, and other related agencies of relevant resident care plan meetings.
- MSW from an accredited institution
- Massachusetts Social Work License (LCSW or LICSW) preferred
- Demonstrated experience working with the Geriatric population
- Academic credentials completed or demonstration of in-process as mandated by current state licensure requirements
- Ability to interact effectively with residents, family members, visitors, and other staff members
Schedule : Part-Time, 16-20 hour per week – days negotiable/flexible based on the fluctuating needs of the facility,
Apply today and become part of our Chelsea Jewish Lifecare team at the Katzman Center for Living!
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare conducts extensive background checks and professional references for all potential employees. You must be able to provide a recent physical and required immunizations.
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is an equal opportunity employer, veterans & disability. All qualified individuals will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity or expression, genetics, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, political affiliation, veteran status or any other status that is protected by local, state or federal law.
Why Choose Chelsea Jewish
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is committed to being an “Employer of Choice”. We offer multiple employment opportunities for people with various interests and backgrounds interested in working in a variety of health care settings. At Chelsea Jewish Lifecare, you will find a great working environment and an excellent compensation package for eligible employees.
Diversity & Inclusion
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.