Sign up for email alerts about new jobs.
Social Worker – Hospice & Homecare
Social Worker – (Hospice & Homecare) | Chelsea Jewish Hospice and Palliative Care
Rooted in the Jewish tradition but welcoming of all faiths and backgrounds, Chelsea Jewish Lifecare consistently provides high-quality, compassionate care, while focusing on the development of innovative programs and services that enable individuals to live as independently as possible.
At Chelsea Jewish Hospice and Palliative Care, proper healthcare to our individuals nearing their end-stage of life, means one simple thing: providing the best services for clients through the implementation of quality care combined with a strong sense of understanding, kindness and respect. For seriously ill individuals, hospice and palliative care is a way to receive the most appropriate and compassionate care. It can help improve the quality of life, bringing a measure of comfort to all involved.
Position Summary: The Social Worker provides consultation and direction of social services within our Hospice and Home Care division through the orientation, education and training to the social service and nursing staff. Implements programs, policies and procedures, conducts case work services and counseling and recommends functions necessary to ensure overall operational viability. Maintain performance improvement activities within the department. Provides direct-supervision, recruitment, training, support and retention of our Hospice Volunteers.
- Rewarding job within an outstanding and recognized organization
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Company-funded Life Insurance Policy
- Voluntary STD, LTD, Accident, Critical Illness Insurance
- FREE weekly groceries at the on-site store
- Pet Insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Savings
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid time off, vacation and sick time
- Paid Birthday with Pay
- Tuition reimbursement
- Inclusive company culture
- Free Parking
- Facility Accessible by MBTA Commuter Rail and Bus
- And more!
- Assure that social service/ counseling activities are integrated and coordinated for the patient.
- Develop specific measurable, realistic plans and objectives, which enhance social service delivery.
- Ability to perform a psycho-social assessment and reassessment on all terminally ill patients. This includes geriatric and the general patient population.
- Develop a written plan of care for each patient.
- Assess patient’s condition, initiate plan of care, rev-evaluate and update as necessary.
- Answers questions and offer emotional support to patient and family.
- Demonstrate knowledge of clinical social work.
- Treat patients and their families with respect and dignity. Identify and address psychosocial needs of patients and family.
- Interact professionally with patient/family and involve patient/family in the formation of the plan of care.
- Communicate appropriately and clearly to physicians, staff, Clinical Nurse Manager and administrative team.
- Coordinate and direct social services to ensure patients’ needs are met and agency policy is followed.
- Perform all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Participate in performance improvement activities for department.
- Demonstrate an ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations.
- Maintain a good working relationship both within the department and with other departments.
- Consult with other departments as appropriate to collaborate in patient care and performance improvement activities.
- Documentation meets current standard and policies.
- Provide orientation and education to staff on psychosocial issues and care.
- Ability to plan and organize orientation and in-service training for staff members.
- Participate in guidance and educational programs
- Perform consultative activities including recommendations for changes in service delivery.
Hospice Volunteer Responsibilities:
- Coordinates Volunteer Program in accordance with Chelsea Jewish Hospice and Palliative Care’s short term and long-term goals.
- Directs an on-going recruiting effort to increase volunteer participation.
- Screens all potential volunteers.
- Plans and conducts training classes as necessary.
- Assures that the program meets the standards set by regulatory or certification bodies regarding the participation at interdisciplinary team meetings.
- Assigns volunteers to appropriate activities.
- Monitors reports from the volunteers and brings urgent items to the attention of the IDT as appropriate.
- Maintains on-going communication with volunteers.
- Provides direction for the solving problems involving volunteers.
- Submits timely reports to the Clinical Director regarding volunteer activities and levels of participation.
- Evaluates all volunteer personnel files.
- Designs volunteer appreciation activities and programs.
- Maintain records of volunteer activity to meet regulatory requirements.
- Current Massachusetts Social Work License – LCSW, LICSW preferred or demonstrated progress towards licensure within 2 years.
- Master’s Degree in Social work is desirable.
- Valid state driver’s license and reliable automobile.
- 3 or more years of previous experience in all aspects of social services and discharge planning, preferably with Geriatrics/Long-term care or related.
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Ability to build warm, empathetic relationships with volunteers while maintaining a professional demeanor.
- Ability to accept and work within a wide variety of cultural, educational, and religious differences.
Hours: Weekdays, 32 hours per week. (possible approval for 40 hours/week with growth of Hospice division)
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare conducts extensive background checks and professional references for all potential employees. You must be able to provide a recent physical and required immunizations.
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is an equal opportunity employer, veterans & disability. All qualified individuals will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity or expression, genetics, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, political affiliation, veteran status or any other status that is protected by local, state or federal law.
Why Choose Chelsea Jewish
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is committed to being an “Employer of Choice”. We offer multiple employment opportunities for people with various interests and backgrounds interested in working in a variety of health care settings. At Chelsea Jewish Lifecare, you will find a great working environment and an excellent compensation package for eligible employees.
Diversity & Inclusion
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.