Sign up for email alerts about new jobs.
Social Work Case Manager | Brudnick Center for Living
Social Work Case Manager | Brudnick Center for Living
The Brudnick Center for Living, nestled on our beautiful campus in Peabody MA, is part of Chelsea Jewish Lifecare–a non-profit, mission driven organization which has been providing innovative care to the elderly and disabled in Massachusetts for over 100 years! The Brudnick Center For Living is a CMS rated 5-star nursing facility offering short-term rehabilitation, traditional long term care and memory care, with an outstanding team of caring and compassionate professionals who go above-and-beyond each day in the care of our residents.
Position Summary: As a member of the Social Work Department, the Social Work Case Manager works closely with the patient, family and the interdisciplinary team from admission to discharge to offer support and act as an effective liaison to all. Utilizing their knowledge, experience, compassion and care, the Social Work Case Manager is required to identify the patients’ psycho-social, mental and emotional needs towards the development of a discharge-plan with appropriate services. This coordination of care and services is within our vibrantly active, short-term rehabilitation unit, where the fundamental goal upon admission is to work closely with the patient, family and community resources, ensuring that the patient’s discharge plan is not only in place, but accounts for their safety and availability of appropriate services within their community. The Social Worker offers an area of expertise to identify obstacles early in the admission process so that an alternate plan may be put into place as needed. This alternate plan may include transitioning to another environment such as assisted living or long term care.
- Rewarding job within an outstanding and recognized organization
- Great working environment in our modern campus in Peabody, MA
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Company-funded Life Insurance Policy
- Voluntary STD, LTD, Accident, Critical Illness Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Savings
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid time off, vacation and sick time
- Paid Birthday with Pay
- Tuition reimbursement
- Inclusive company culture
- Free Parking
- Easily accessible from 128/95/Route 1
- And more!
Social Work Case Manager Primary Responsibilities:
- Works collaboratively as part of an interdisciplinary team while engaging patient and families in the care management process.
- Conducts psycho/social assessment of all short term admissions to asses for pre-existing health or mental health issue.
- Ability to work with patients who have complex needs, such as dual diagnoses.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify patient’s strengths and needs and their impact on their level of functioning.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of major psychopharmacological medications and primary conditions for which they are prescribed.
- Attend daily PDPM meeting to collaborate with other team member so that obstacles related to discharge planning can be identified
- Schedules and facilitates discharge planning meetings with patients/family and other members of the interdisciplinary team within 72 hours
- Maintains ongoing contact with patient and family to ensure all needs are addressed; to respond effectively to patient/family crisis situations and to advocate for patients and families when appropriate.
- Ability to promote patient self-sufficiency and support patient self-determination
- Is knowledgeable of community support services and outside resources necessary to coordinated discharge and to ensure continuity of care/services.
- Provides ongoing assessment of the patients’ needs and progress to ensure that the appropriate home care services are provided and changes in discharge plan are done in a timely manner.
- Complete all required documentation and paperwork associated with assessment process and discharge planning
- Conducts follow up phone calls to assess patient and family satisfaction and to determine that a safe and coordinated discharge plan was successfully implemented.
- MSW from an accredited institution
- Massachusetts Social Work License (LCSW or LICSW)
- Demonstrated experience working with the Geriatric population
- Discharge planning within a short-term rehab environment preferred
- Academic credentials completed or demonstration of in-process as mandated by current state licensure requirements
- Ability to interact effectively with residents, family members, visitors, and other staff members
Hours: Full-Time, Monday – Friday. 32-40 hours per week (preference for 40 but flexible for a minimum of 32).
Apply today and become part of our Chelsea Jewish Lifecare team at the Brudnick Center for Living!
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare conducts extensive background checks and professional references for all potential employees. You must be able to provide a recent physical and required immunizations.
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is an equal opportunity employer, veterans & disability. All qualified individuals will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity or expression, genetics, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, political affiliation, veteran status or any other status that is protected by local, state or federal law.
Why Choose Chelsea Jewish
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is committed to being an “Employer of Choice”. We offer multiple employment opportunities for people with various interests and backgrounds interested in working in a variety of health care settings. At Chelsea Jewish Lifecare, you will find a great working environment and an excellent compensation package for eligible employees.
Diversity & Inclusion
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.