Sign up for email alerts about new jobs.
Scheduler – Full Time Position, Great Benefits!
Scheduler – Leonard Florence Center for Living
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is a residential and post-acute care provider that consistently delivers high-quality, compassionate care while focusing on the development of innovative programs and services that enable individuals to live as independently as possible. The organization is currently seeking a forward-thinking, enthusiastic and innovative individual to join our team as the Scheduler for our Leonard Florence Center for Living.
The Leonard Florence Center for Living sets the stage for a model of care far removed from traditional nursing homes. It is not only the first urban Green House skilled nursing facility in the country, but it also has the remarkable distinction of showcasing three homes dedicated to caring for individuals living with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (known as ALS or Lou Gehrig’s disease) and multiple sclerosis (M.S.). Residents who are completely immobilized are able to control the lights, turn on the TV, open doors and raise window shades just by using their eyes. In addition, there are three homes dedicated to short-term rehabilitation and four homes dedicated to long-term care for seniors. Named after the late Chelsea-born philanthropist Leonard Florence, the prevailing goal of the Leonard Florence Center was to create a “real” home that provides exceptional care, but also supports those seeking to redefine the worth and meaning of late life and those living with debilitating diseases.
Position Summary: The primary purpose of this job position is to ensure appropriate scheduling of all RN’s/LPN’s and Certified Nursing Assistants to budgeted staffing levels to cover shifts 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure adequate licensed and non-licensed staff for all nursing wings to meet CJL staffing patterns and federal and state requirements;
- Review, record, and manage requests for time off in accordance with CJL’s policies and procedures;
- Maintain staff attendance records;
- Update staffing sheets on an ongoing basis;
- Replace any call-outs as soon as possible;
- Monitor schedules to ensure that overtime is not incurred without the prior approval of the Administrator.
- Must have at least 1-2 years as a scheduler in a hospital, nursing home or home care agency setting;
- Must have computer experience;
- OnShift and ADP experience preferred;
- Must possess outstanding organizational skills;
- Must be able to interact effectively and professionally with residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, the general public and other staff members.
- Health and Dental insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Competitive pay
Chelsea Jewish Lifecareconducts extensive background checks and professional references for all potential employees. You must be able to provide a recent physical and required immunizations.
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity or expression, genetics, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, political affiliation, veteran status or any other status that is protected by local, state or federal law.
Why Choose Chelsea Jewish
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is committed to being an “Employer of Choice”. We offer multiple employment opportunities for people with various interests and backgrounds interested in working in a variety of health care settings. At Chelsea Jewish Lifecare, you will find a great working environment and an excellent compensation package for eligible employees.
Diversity & Inclusion
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.