Homecare RN/LPN Spectrum Home Care – JGS Lifecare
**For more information on open positions at JGS Lifecare, text “Jobs” to 351-666-4658.
JGS Lifecare, located in the quaint town of Longmeadow, MA, has been the proud caretaker of the elderly within the local community for over 100 years! Founded on the Jewish principle of respecting age as a blessing, we have dedicated ourselves to delivering the best in elder care services to people of every faith and every background. So as we enter our second century, we are excited to introduce a new range of services and updates to serve our life-long commitment to our community. Our spacious campus has a full-array of services including Skilled Nursing, Senior Living and Community programs that consist of traditional long-term care, short-term rehabilitation, memory care, assisted living, hospice and day health support services. Our employees are an outstanding team of professionals who go above-and-beyond each day with their compassionate care to our residents and the individuals we serve.
Position Summary: As a member of our nursing team, the Homecare RN (Registered Nurse) as part of a nursing team directly responsible for providing high quality care to our Home Care residents while being a constant companion striving to protect, nurture and sustain the resident in a competent, caring and kind manner. In addition to providing high quality care, you are also responsible for resident safety and the delivery of all services and tasks under the resident care plan.
- Life, Health and Dental*
- Free groceries every Friday
- Company paid trips
- Long Term Disability (LTD)*
- 401k Pension Plan *includes Per diem
- Flexible Spending Account
- Weekly Payroll
- Vacation, Holidays and Sick Days
- Bereavement Time
- Special Event Days
- Direct Deposit
- Voluntary Benefits: STD, supplemental STD, LTD, Catastrophic Illness, Universal Life with Living Benefits, Disability Income Protection, Accident Insurance, Auto and Pet Insurance, LifeLock® Identity Theft Program Discount
- In Service Training and Development Programs
- Education Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Future Leadership Program
- Fitness Rebate Opportunity
- Health and Wellness Incentive Program
- Discount Food and Supply Purchase Program
- Cash Advance Program
- Free On-Campus Parking
- Public Transportation Stops on Campus
- Easy access to our campus from Interstate 91
- Makes the initial assessment and completes the appropriate forms necessary for the start of care.
- Develops a written plan of care.
- Identifies patient and family needs for other home health services and makes the referral for same when appropriate
- Initiates appropriate preventative and rehabilitative nursing procedures for the patient.
- Coordinates and integrates services being provided with the patient, family, and other involved in the care plan.
- Provides instruction and counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related needs.
- Visits and completes an assessment and reassessment of assigned patients receiving homemaker-home health aide based on the patient care plan and supervises the care provided by him/her.
- Must be a Licensed Practical Nurse LPN in the state of Massachusetts
- Is a graduate of an approved school of professional nursing.
- Has at least one (1) year of experience as a professional nurse within the last three (3) years, or
- Completion of a refresher course in the past year.
- Valid Driver’s license
- CPR Certification
- IV Therapy Skills
If selected for hire, you must be able to provide a recent physical and required immunizations including fully-vaccinated status for Covid-19 prior-to working within our facility.
JGS Lifecare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity or expression, genetics, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, political affiliation, veteran status or any other status that is protected by local, state or federal law.