Respiratory Therapist – RRT – Per Diem | Leonard Florence Center for Living
Be a part of the first and only Green House Ventilator Program in the world! The Leonard Florence Center for Living, located in scenic and historic “Admirals Hill” in Chelsea, MA is part of Chelsea Jewish Lifecare–a non-profit, mission driven organization which has been providing innovative care to the elderly and disabled in Massachusetts for over 100 years!
The Leonard Florence Center for Living sets the stage for a model of care that is far removed from traditional nursing homes. The prevailing goal of the Leonard Florence Center is to create a “real” home that provides exceptional care, but also supports those seeking to redefine the worth and meaning of late life and those living with debilitating diseases. It is not only the first urban Green House skilled nursing facility in the country, but it also has the remarkable distinction of showcasing three homes dedicated to caring for individuals living with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (known as ALS or Lou Gehrig’s disease) and multiple sclerosis (M.S.). Most recently, we opened a state-of-the-art Ventilator Unit’the only one of the kind in the world!
The award-winning Leonard Florence Center for Living Green House, is a revolutionary, state-of-the-art skilled nursing residence. In the Fall of 2020, we opened a Vent Unit that is equipped with State of the Art Technology., where our residents can live independently in a “real” home-like setting, while receiving exceptional skilled nursing and compassionate care and treated with dignity and respect.
The Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) administers the standardized types of respiratory therapy including oxygen, therapeutic and medicinal gases, mist-inhalation and aerosolized drugs to our residents.
Hours: Full Time- Part Time- Per Diem available
- Rewarding job within an outstanding and recognized organization
- Great working environment in state-of-the-art facility in Chelsea, MA
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Company-funded Life Insurance Policy
- Voluntary STD, LTD, Accident, Critical Illness Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Savings
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid time off, vacation and sick time
- Paid Birthday with Pay
- Tuition reimbursement
- Inclusive company culture
- Free Parking!
- Free Meals and Snacks!
- Free weekly groceries at our store!
- Easily accessible from North, South and West of Boston via Routes 16, 1A, Routes 1, 93/95/128
- Accessible by MBTA Commuter Rail and Bus
- And more!
*Health, Dental, Company-Paid Life Insurance and Sign-On Bonus for Full-Time only. All other benefits for 24+Hours/week.
- Provide kind and compassionate care to our residents.
- Observe residents: chart and report changes in residents’ conditions, such as response to medication or treatment
- Reads physician’s orders to determine requirements for treatment
- Delivers prescribed procedure and/or treatment to the patient
- Notifies nursing department or physician of adverse reactions to treatment and documents reaction in patient’s chart
- Prepares and maintains patient chart per departmental policy.
- Inspects and tests all equipment prior to use
- Current and valid RRT Massachusetts licensure in Respiratory Therapy
- Must possess strong clinical assessment skills
- Maintains valid CPR certification; BLS, ACLS
- Maintains educational competency as required by state and federal regulations.