Physical Therapist (Per Diem) | Leonard Florence Center for Living – Chelsea, MA
Position Summary: We are currently seeking a collaborative Physical Therapist who takes pleasure in working across disciplines to deliver exceptional care to a diverse range of patients. Our facility is truly one-of-a-kind, as we provide PT services to individuals with ALS, MS, and other progressive neurological diseases, as well as offer short-term rehab options in a standard SNF setting. Currently seeking Per Diem staff for our SNF unit.
As a valued member of our Rehab Team, the Physical Therapist will provide compassionate and attentive services to our residents. This includes conducting thorough assessments, delivering effective treatments, and initiating referrals when appropriate, all in alignment with departmental procedures.
- Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy from an accredited program
- Successful completion of National Certification Examination for Registered Physical Therapist
- Current state licensure in Massachusetts
- Ability to exert 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects, equipment and/or residents.
- Must be able to stand, walk, sit, stoop, kneel, bend or crouch regularly
- Must be able to use hands to manipulate tools, equipment, or controls
- Must be able to reach with hands and arms, balance, lift and perform medium to maximum transfer assists with residents
- Must have visual and hearing acuity sufficient enough to assess resident safety and ability members
- Provides Physical Therapy services to residents and initiates referrals when appropriate
- Conduct screenings of residents as directed by the Director of Rehabilitation to determine need for intervention/treatment
- Evaluates residents to obtain data necessary for treatment planning and implementation. Conducts specialized evaluations as indicated.
- Interprets and communicates evaluation findings to residents, family, and other team members
- Establishes individual resident schedules in conjunction with other team members
- Develops, coordinates and implements treatment plans
- Documents results of resident’s assessment, treatment, follow-up, and termination of services
- Consistently demonstrates sound judgement in the evaluation, planning, implementation and follow-up of resident therapy programs
- Complies with all Infection Control, Universal Precautions and OSHA standards for the healthcare professional
- Performs other job duties as assigned
- Flexible Per-Diem Schedule
- Rewarding job within an outstanding and recognized organization
- Great working environment in our modern campus in Peabody, MA
- Inclusive company culture
- Free Parking
- Free Groceries
- Easily accessible from 128/95/Route 1
- And more!
Hours: Per-Diem; Schedule will vary according the needs of the Rehab Department but accountability with availability and reliability to complete accepted hours is a must.
Apply today and become part of our Chelsea Jewish Lifecare team at the Brudnick Center for Living!
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare conducts extensive background checks and professional references for all potential employees. If selected for hire, you must be able to provide a recent physical and required immunizations including fully-vaccinated status for Covid-19.
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is an equal opportunity employer, veterans & disability. All qualified individuals will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity or expression, genetics, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, political affiliation, veteran status or any other status that is protected by local, state or federal law.