Physical Therapist/ Home Care
JGS Lifecare, located in the quaint town of Longmeadow, MA, has been the proud caretaker of the elderly within the local community for over 100 years! Founded on the Jewish principle of respecting age as a blessing, we have dedicated ourselves to delivering the best in elder care services to people of every faith and every background. So, as we enter our second century, we are excited to introduce a new range of services and updates to serve our life-long commitment to our community. Our spacious campus has a full-array of services including Skilled Nursing, Senior Living and Community programs that consist of traditional long-term care, short-term rehabilitation, memory care, assisted living, hospice and day health support services. Our employees are an outstanding team of professionals who go above-and-beyond each day with their compassionate care to our residents and the individuals we serve.
- Completes screens as scheduled
- Evaluation and accompanying documentation are completed at the time of the evaluation.
- Obtains and verifies physician orders prior to initiation of evaluation
- Payer source is identified and secured prior to initiation of evaluation
- Identifies objective findings and problems
- Establishes appropriate short/long term goals
- Documents progress in attainment of goals on a timely basis
- Utilizes current body of knowledge, skills, and techniques
- Interacts with patients/families in an appropriate, safe and professional manner
- Designs adaptive equipment and orthotics
- Designs and/or implements home programs (as appropriate)
- Communicates appropriate referrals to team member and/or supervisor
- Assists in development and implementation of new programs/techniques to enhance therapy services
- Balances and maintains an appropriate caseload to meet company and facility productivity standards
- Initiates and follows through with restorative programs as appropriate
- Attends patient care meetings and actively participates (as assigned)
- Follows through with discharge planning including: equipment ordering, family teaching, home safety recommendations, and discharge documentation (as
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) from four-year college or university; related experience and or training; or equivalent combination and experience
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as patient medical record, physician orders, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before small groups or facility staff family members or fellow employees.
- Excellent Mathematical Skills
- License to practice allied health profession in Massachusetts or eligible for license, valid Massachusetts driver’s license, proof of CPR certification or eligible for certification
- Maintains patient and staff confidentiality
- Adheres to established facility policy and procedures related to environmental safety, orderliness, risk management, infection control, universal precautions
- Attends company meetings as required
- Willingly accepts new duties as assigned
- Flexible to travel to all assigned facilities daily
What can we do for you?
- Weekly Payroll
- Free groceries every Friday
- Company paid trips
- Sick time
- Special Event Days
- Direct Deposit
- In Service Training and Development Programs
- Education Assistance Program
- Future Leadership Program
- Free On-Campus Parking
- Public Transportation Stops on Campus
- Easy access to our campus from Interstate 91
*JGS Lifecare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity or expression, genetics, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, political affiliation, veteran status or any other status that is protected by local, state or federal law.
If selected for hire, you must be able to provide a recent physical and proof of immunizations including fully-vaccinated and boosted status for Covid-19 prior-to working within our facility.