Sign up for email alerts about new jobs.
Occupational Therapist- Leonard Florence Center for Living
The Leonard Florence Center for Living sets the stage for a model of care far removed from traditional nursing homes. It is not only the first urban Green House skilled nursing facility in the country, but it also has the remarkable distinction of showcasing three homes dedicated to caring for individuals living with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (known as ALS or Lou Gehrig’s disease) and multiple sclerosis (M.S.). Residents who are completely immobilized are able to control the lights, turn on the TV, open doors and raise window shades just by using their eyes. In addition, there are three homes dedicated to short-term rehabilitation and four homes dedicated to long-term care for seniors. Named after the late Chelsea-born philanthropist Leonard Florence, The prevailing goal of the Leonard Florence Center was to create a “real” home that provides exceptional care, but also supports those seeking to redefine the worth and meaning of late life and those living with debilitating diseases.
We are seeking an individual that takes pride in delivering excellence in serving others, especially our elderly population.
Provides Occupational Therapy services to residents and initiates referrals when appropriate and in accordance with Occupational Therapy Department procedures
- Provide kind and compassionate care to our residents.
- Conduct screenings of residents as directed by the Director of Rehabilitation to determine need for intervention/treatment
- Coordinates treatment plan with residents, family, and other team members
- Develops appropriate home or community programming to maintain and enhance the performance of the resident in their own environment
- Bachelor of Science in Occupational Therapy from an accredited program
- Current Massachusetts licensure
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal, written and electronic
- Experience in Geriatrics or home care is preferred
- Successful completion of National Certification Examination for OTR
- Maintains educational competency as required by state and federal regulations
- Ability to adjust to new or changing situations and stresses
- Must be able to reach with hands and arms, balance, lift and perform medium to maximum transfer assists with residents
- Per diem, weekends
*Chelsea Jewish Lifecareconducts extensive background checks and professional references for all potential employees. You must be able to provide a recent physical and required immunizations.
Why Choose Chelsea Jewish
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is committed to being an “Employer of Choice”. We offer multiple employment opportunities for people with various interests and backgrounds interested in working in a variety of health care settings. At Chelsea Jewish Lifecare, you will find a great working environment and an excellent compensation package for eligible employees.
Diversity & Inclusion
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.