West Roxbury, MA
Are you looking for a career where you are
valued, supported and encouraged?
At German Centre, we are committed to not only providing compassionate and comprehensive care for our residents, but also maintaining a culture where our staff is not just valued, they are rewarded. We are a leader in the industry when it comes to the value we place on resident care and employee appreciation. In addition, we offer extremely competitive wages, a generous benefits program and opportunities for professional growth, with an emphasis on work/life balance. Simply put, we place an enormous value on our staff and we are not afraid to show it.
The German Centre – a non-profit, mission driven organization which has been providing innovative care to the elderly and disabled in Massachusetts for over 100 years. The German Centre For Living is a CMS rated 5-star nursing facility offering short-term rehabilitation, traditional long term care, and memory care with an outstanding team of professionals who go above-and-beyond each day in the care of our residents.
Position Summary: As a member of our nursing team, the Weekend Nurse Supervisor will work as part of a nursing team and is directly responsible for ensuring the oversight and care of the nursing team on the weekend to provide high quality, compassionate care to our residents. In addition to providing high quality care, you are also responsible for resident safety and the delivery of all services and tasks under the resident care plan.
Hours: 24 hours per week, Weekends – Saturday & Sunday 7am-7pm.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Basic Life Insurance
- Voluntary Insurance (Accident, LTD, STD, Whole Life Insurance)
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Shift Differentials
- Paid time off, vacation and sick time
- Tuition reimbursementHP100
- Determine Resident’s needs
- Provides Residents with outstanding care (customer service)
- Provide kind and compassionate care to our residents.
- Chart and report changes in residents’ conditions, such as response to medication or treatment.
- Provide basic resident care or treatments, such as temperatures and blood pressures
- Other duties as assigned
- Current Massachusetts RN or LPN Licensure
- Experience in Geriatrics or long-term care is preferred but not required
- Maintains valid CPR certification
- Maintains educational competency as required by state and federal regulations
- Ability to stand, sit, walk, bend and squat for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to push, pull objects and lift/carry up to 20 pounds unassisted on a frequent basis and up to 50 pounds or more with assistance on occasion
- Ability to interact effectively with residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, the general public and other staff members
German Centre conducts extensive background checks and professional references for all potential employees. If selected for hire, you must be able to provide a recent physical and required immunizations including fully-vaccinated status for Covid-19.
German Centre is an equal opportunity employer, veterans & disability. All qualified individuals will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity or expres