Sign up for email alerts about new jobs.
Nursing Scheduling Coordinator
Nursing Scheduling Coordinator | Leonard Florence Center for Living
Be a part of the first and only Green House Ventilator Program in the world! The Leonard Florence Center for Living, located in scenic and historic “Admirals Hill” in Chelsea, MA is part of Chelsea Jewish Lifecare–a non-profit, mission driven organization which has been providing innovative care to the elderly and disabled in Massachusetts for over 100 years!
The Leonard Florence Center for Living sets the stage for a model of care that is far removed from traditional nursing homes. The prevailing goal of the Leonard Florence Center is to create a "real" home that provides exceptional care, but also supports those seeking to redefine the worth and meaning of late life and those living with debilitating diseases. It is not only the first urban Green House skilled nursing facility in the country, but it also has the remarkable distinction of showcasing three homes dedicated to caring for individuals living with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (known as ALS or Lou Gehrig's disease) and multiple sclerosis (M.S.). Most recently, we opened a state-of-the-art Ventilator Unit—the only one of the kind in the world!
Position Summary: As a member of our administrative team, the Nursing Scheduling Coordinator will work the nursing team to ensure appropriate scheduling of all RN's/LPN's and Certified Nursing Assistants to cover the scheduling needs of the building in order maintain the high quality of care we provide to our residents at the Leonard Florence Center for Living.
- Rewarding job within an outstanding and recognized organization
- Great working environment in our state-of-the-art facility located on Admirals Hill
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Company-funded Life Insurance Policy
- Voluntary STD, LTD, Accident, Critical Illness Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Savings
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid time off, vacation and sick time
- Paid Birthday with Pay
- Tuition reimbursement
- Inclusive company culture
- Free Meals
- Free Parking
- Facility Accessible by MBTA Commuter Rail and Bus
- And more!
- Ensure adequate licensed and non-licensed staff for all nursing wings to meet CJL staffing patterns and federal and state requirements;
- Review, record, and manage requests for time off in accordance with CJL's policies and procedures;
- Maintain staff attendance records;
- Update staffing sheets on an ongoing basis;
- Replace any call-outs as soon as possible;
- Monitor schedules to ensure that overtime is minimal and/or coordinate approval of the Administrator.
- Assist with recruiting activities that may include screening of resumes, greeting candidates arriving for interviews and collecting pre-employment paperwork for Human Resources.
- Must have at least 1-2 years as a scheduler in a hospital, nursing home or home care agency setting;
- Must have computer experience;
- OnShift and ADP experience preferred;
- Must possess outstanding organizational skills;
- Must be able to interact effectively and professionally with residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, the general public and other staff members.
Apply today and become part of our Chelsea Jewish Lifecare team at the Leonard Florence Center for Living!
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare conducts extensive background checks and professional references for all potential employees. You must be able to provide a recent physical and required immunizations.
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is an equal opportunity employer, veterans & disability. All qualified individuals will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity or expression, genetics, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, political affiliation, veteran status or any other status that is protected by local, state or federal law.
Why Choose Chelsea Jewish
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is committed to being an “Employer of Choice”. We offer multiple employment opportunities for people with various interests and backgrounds interested in working in a variety of health care settings. At Chelsea Jewish Lifecare, you will find a great working environment and an excellent compensation package for eligible employees.
Diversity & Inclusion
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.