Sign up for email alerts about new jobs.
Nurse Unit Manager, RN / LPN
Nurse Manager (Unit Manager) RN or LPN| Katzman Center for Living
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is an award-winning, residential and post-acute care provider that consistently delivers high-quality, compassionate care while focusing on the development of innovative programs and services that enable individuals to live as independently as possible. We are seeking a Nurse Manager (Unit Manager) to join our amazing team at our Katzman Center for Living, located in Chelsea, MA.
Position Summary: As a member of the nursing team and reporting to the Director of Nursing, the Unit Manager functions by overseeing and directing the day-to-day department activities of the Unit of residents who are under the direct care of the Nurses and Certified Nursing Assistants. You will be part of a management team of proven, dedicated professionals committed to quality care and personal growth.
- Rewarding job within an outstanding and recognized organization
- Great working environment in our state-of-the-art facility located on Admirals Hill
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Company-funded Life Insurance Policy
- Voluntary STD, LTD, Accident, Critical Illness Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Savings
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid time off, vacation and sick time
- Paid Birthday with Pay
- Tuition reimbursement
- Inclusive company culture
- Free Parking
- Facility Accessible by MBTA Commuter Rail and Bus
- And more!
- Assumes responsibility for all nursing care provided to residents within an assigned unit; knows the residents’ conditions at all times; observes and supervises nursing care according to physician’s orders and in conformance with recognized nursing techniques and procedures, established standards and administrative policies.
- Recognizes and interprets symptoms, reports on residents’ conditions and assists with or institutes remedial measures of adverse developments.
- Assists in maintaining a physical, social and psychological environment which is conducive to the best interest and welfare of residents.
- Investigates and studies trends and developments in nursing practices and techniques and assesses their adaptability to the needs of specific nursing policies.
- Instructs staff in the use of policies and procedures and assures that all policies and procedures are followed by nursing staff.
- Current RN or LPN license in Massachusetts
- One (1) to Three (3) years’ experience as a supervisor, preferred
- RN or LPN graduate from an accredited school of nursing
- Must have excellent clinical assessment skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively orally and in-writing.
- Must be able to demonstrate organizational skills.
- Represent the Organization both onsite and in the community
- Maintain regulatory compliance in accordance with state and federal guidelines
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with residents, family members, staff and medical team
- Work in partnership with the Director of Nursing and the Executive Director to ensure quality, person-centered care
Hours: Full-Time, M-F Days, On-call Coverage as needed/required.
Apply today and become part of our Chelsea Jewish Lifecare team at the Katzman Center for Living!
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare conducts extensive background checks and professional references for all potential employees. You must be able to provide a recent physical and required immunizations.
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is an equal opportunity employer, veterans & disability. All qualified individuals will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity or expression, genetics, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, political affiliation, veteran status or any other status that is protected by local, state or federal law.
Why Choose Chelsea Jewish
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is committed to being an “Employer of Choice”. We offer multiple employment opportunities for people with various interests and backgrounds interested in working in a variety of health care settings. At Chelsea Jewish Lifecare, you will find a great working environment and an excellent compensation package for eligible employees.
Diversity & Inclusion
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.