JGS Lifecare, located in the quaint town of Longmeadow, MA, has been the proud caretaker of the elderly within the local community for over 100 years! Founded on the Jewish principle of respecting age as a blessing, we have dedicated ourselves to delivering the best in elder care services to people of every faith and every background. So as we enter our second century, we are excited to introduce a new range of services and updates to serve our life-long commitment to our community. Our spacious campus has a full-array of services including Skilled Nursing, Senior Living and Community programs that consist of traditional long-term care, short-term rehabilitation, memory care, assisted living, hospice and day health support services. Our employees are an outstanding team of professionals who go above-and-beyond each day with their compassionate care to our residents and the individuals we serve.
We are looking for someone who can:
- Assumes responsibility and accountability for assigned residents.
- Provides nursing care through assessment, implementation, and evaluation of the plan of care and in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern a long-term care facility
- Manages environment to maintain resident safety and supervises the resident care activity performed by nursing assistants and helpers
- Understanding of HIPAA and Corporate Compliance, Risk Management and Patient Safety
- Performs all job requirements in a manner that exemplifies the Mission Statement of Jewish Geriatric Services
- Adheres to Nurse Practice Act
- Other special projects as identified and assigned by administration
What Are We Looking For?
- Familiarity and compliance with Nurse Practice Act
- Graduate of a NLN approved school for professional nursing
- Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as a Nurse in Massachusetts
- CPR certified
- Three to five years nursing experience, including at least 6 months administrative responsibility and 2 years experience as a supervisor in a hospital, long-term care facility, or other related health care facility
- Demonstrated skill in physical assessment
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines pertaining to post acute care
- IV Therapy Skills desirable
- Ability to function well in emergencies
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Must meet the general health requirements set forth by the policies of this facility which include a medical and physical examination
- Must possess leadership ability and willingness to work harmoniously with and supervise other personnel
- Ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, procedures, etc. of the Nursing Department and that are necessary for providing quality care
- Ability to work independently
- Demonstrates knowledge of computer systems, applications, and other office equipment
- RN license
- Ability to move throughout workday and perform physical activities, including sitting, standing, bending, twisting, stooping, and lifting/moving/pushing/pulling up to 50 lbs. without assistance
- Ability to see, hear, feel, read, write, and verbalize clearly in English
What Can We Do for You?
- Life, Health and Dental*
- Free groceries every Friday
- Company paid trips
- Long Term Disability (LTD)*
- 401k Pension Plan *includes Per diem
- Flexible Spending Account
- Weekly Payroll
- Vacation, Holidays and Sick Days
- Bereavement Time
- Special Event Days
- Direct Deposit
- Voluntary Benefits: STD, supplemental STD, LTD, Catastrophic Illness, Universal Life with Living Benefits, Disability Income Protection, Accident Insurance, Auto and Pet Insurance, LifeLock® Identity Theft Program Discount
- In Service Training and Development Programs
- Education Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Future Leadership Program
- Fitness Rebate Opportunity
- Health and Wellness Incentive Program
- Discount Food and Supply Purchase Program
- Cash Advance Program
- Free On-Campus Parking
- Public Transportation Stops on Campus
- Easy access to our campus from Interstate 91
First Shift, every other weekend
**For more information on open positions at JGS Lifecare, text “Jobs” to 351-666-4658.
Apply today and become part of our JGS Lifecare team!
If selected for hire you must be able to provide a recent physical and required immunizations including fully-vaccinated status for Covid-19.
JGS is an equal opportunity employer, veterans & disability. All qualified individuals will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity or expression, genetics, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, political affiliation, veteran status or any other status that is protected by local, state or federal law.