Sign up for email alerts about new jobs.
Nurse | Graduate Registered Nurse
Nurse/Graduate Registered Nurse
Be a part of the first and only Green House Ventilator Program in the world! The Leonard Florence Center for Living, located in scenic and historic “Admirals Hill” in Chelsea, MA is part of Chelsea Jewish Lifecare–a non-profit, mission driven organization which has been providing innovative care to the elderly and disabled in Massachusetts for over 100 years!
The Leonard Florence Center for Living sets the stage for a model of care that is far removed from traditional nursing homes. The prevailing goal of the Leonard Florence Center is to create a “real” home that provides exceptional care, but also supports those seeking to redefine the worth and meaning of late life and those living with debilitating diseases. It is not only the first urban Green House skilled nursing facility in the country, but it also has the remarkable distinction of showcasing three homes dedicated to caring for individuals living with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (known as ALS or Lou Gehrig’s disease) and multiple sclerosis (M.S.). Most recently, we opened a state-of-the-art ventilator unit. It’s the only one of the kind in the world!
Student nurses utilize the nursing process to ensure quality of care for residents in the facility and is responsible for resident’s direct care including, administration of medication and treatments for residents, and carrying out doctor orders, and family/MD notification as necessary under the supervision of another licensed nurse or nursing supervisor.
- Administers medications and treatment to residents timely, safely, and accurately
- Communicates effectively and professionally with residents, families, visitors and other health professionals regarding residents’ conditions
- Assesses residents for changes in status, notifies MD and family, and does interventions as needed.
- Carries out MD orders accurately
- Maintains resident confidentiality and adheres to HIPAA regulations including proper use of EHR and electronic records
- Communicates with physician and nurse practitioner regarding resident status and medical interventions.
- Plans interventions to meet resident needs, in conjunction with the resident and his/her family and other members of the disciplinary team.
- Provides direct care to meet the physical and psychosocial needs of the residents.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of interventions in achieving the resident care goal. Modify the resident care plan as indicated.
- Documents accurately and timely assessment data, resident response to interventions, and all nursing care activities.
- Performs narcotic count when receiving or surrendering keys and report discrepancies immediately to the Supervisor/DON.
- Monitors and uses equipment and the environment to promote resident and staff safety.
- Participates in unit or center meetings, interdisciplinary care planning meetings, quality improvement programs, and budget process.
- Delegates and supervise the care delivery of other nursing staff.
- Practices proper infection control and prevention
- Participates in the education of residents, families, and staff.
- Adheres to established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives.
- Exemplifies professionalism and exhibit values which contribute to the achievement of the Mission of the facility.
- Provides good customer service to residents, patients, families
- Reports all suspicion and actual abuse immediately to nursing supervisor, DON, ED, or DPH
- Seeks to improve self through additional training and personal improvement
- Maintains professionalism and adheres to employee conduct sets forth in the employee handbook
- Seeks assistance immediately when encountering patient care situations that are beyond his or her competency and level of academic preparation
- Performs other duties assigned by charge nurse, nurse manager, nursing supervisor, and/or DON
Must be attending the last semester of a BORN (Board of Registered Nurse) approved registered nursing program
**For more information on open positions at JGS Lifecare, text “Jobs” to 351-666-4658.
Why Choose Chelsea Jewish
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is committed to being an “Employer of Choice”. We offer multiple employment opportunities for people with various interests and backgrounds interested in working in a variety of health care settings. At Chelsea Jewish Lifecare, you will find a great working environment and an excellent compensation package for eligible employees.
Diversity & Inclusion
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.