At Chelsea Jewish Lifecare, we are committed to not only providing compassionate and comprehensive care for our residents, but also maintaining a culture where our staff is not just valued, they are rewarded. We are a leader in the industry when it comes to the value we place on resident care and employee appreciation. In addition, we offer extremely competitive wages, a generous benefits program and opportunities for professional growth, with an emphasis on work/life balance. Simply put, we place an enormous value on our staff and we are not afraid to show it.
Be a part of the first and only Green House Ventilator Program in the world! The Leonard Florence Center for Living, located in scenic and historic “Admirals Hill” in Chelsea, MA is part of Chelsea Jewish Lifecare a non-profit, mission driven organization which has been providing innovative care to the elderly and disabled in Massachusetts for over 100 years!
The Leonard Florence Center for Living sets the stage for a model of care that is far removed from traditional nursing homes. The prevailing goal of the Leonard Florence Center is to create a “real” home that provides exceptional care, but also supports those seeking to redefine the worth and meaning of late life and those living with debilitating diseases. It is not only the first urban Green House skilled nursing facility in the country, but it also has the remarkable distinction of showcasing three homes dedicated to caring for individuals living with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (known as ALS or Lou Gehrig’s disease) and multiple sclerosis (M.S.). Most recently, we opened a state-of-the-art Ventilator Unit the only one of the kind in the world!
We are currently seeking a skilled, dedicated and reliable Maintenance worker on our campus in Chelsea, MA!
Position Summary: This position will report to the maintenance director who will organize, develop, and direct the overall operation in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations to assure that our facilities are maintained in a safe and comfortable manner for residents, families and staff. This position coordinates maintenance and repair activities with functions of other departments.
- Health Insurance
- Dental insurance
- Basic Life Insurance (company paid 1x annual salary)
- Voluntary Insurance (Accident, LTD, STD, Whole Life Insurance)
- Vision Insurance (24+ hours/week)
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Plans, directs and supervises maintenance program (HVAC, chillers, plumbing, water, gas, electrical, mechanical, oxygen, communications, carpentry, painting, plastering, refinishing and similar work; heavy duty cleaning, grounds care, maintenance of institutional equipment and vehicles) schedules maintenance on repair, preventive replacement and new installation basis.
- Orients, instructs and supervises other maintenance personnel. Assigns duties and evaluates work performance.
- Requisitions supplies and equipment for use in department activities.
- Keeps records of work performed and costs involved. May keep employee time sheets.
- Coordinates work of maintenance department with other department functions so as not to interrupt patient care or normal business functions.
- Advises and consults with Housekeeping Manager and Executive Director on maintenance and repair needs concerning structure, equipment and grounds.
- Inspects all equipment and systems regularly for proper functioning and safety. Inspects building and grounds regularly for compliance with local codes, ordinances and safety regulations. Prepares and submits reports, as directed by the Executive Director.
- Able to be on call for emergencies.
- Able to attend department head meetings, sub-committees and workshops
- Be able to perform any or all duties concerned with electricity, plumbing, painting (including resurfacing floors, walls or ceilings), carpentry (including furniture refinishing or repair), mechanics (including equipment and mechanical systems), heating, cooling and water systems, except those services performed under service contract with outside contractors. When an outside contractor performs a service, it is to be supervised by this position.
- Directs or performs duties concerned with maintenance of grounds, parking lots, driveways, etc. May include gardening, landscaping, clean-up, snow removal, etc except that performed under service contract.
- Perform or direct heavy custodial duties such as scrubbing and buffing, cleaning of basement, storage, and utility areas, washing walls, ceilings, outside windows, changing screens and storm windows, changing light bulbs in ceiling fixtures and housekeeping duties in very high places, removing and disposing of garbage and trash.
- Runs errands, handles incoming and outgoing freight, lifts and moves heavy furniture and equipment, and other miscellaneous duties as directed by the administrator.
- Responsible for the care, maintenance and repairs of institutional property, equipment and grounds as directed by the administrator.
- Responsible for the care and use of supplies and maintenance equipment used in performance of duties.
- Regular inspection of property and equipment for compliance with safety regulations.
- Be able to keep adequate records.
- Able to take emergency call.
- Able to cooperate with other employees.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or graduate of a technical school.
- At least three years experience in maintenance and various mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems with experience working in a long-term care facility preferred.
- Knowledge of safety regulations, local codes and ordinances. Ability to read and interpret technical manuals and blueprints.
- Ability to plan, direct others and carry out programs in repair or new construction and/or installation.
- Knowledge of record keeping and cost estimating.
- Knowledge of supplies and equipment used by department and the care of this equipment.
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with patients and family members
Hours: Full-Time, 40 hours per week including some on-call responsibilities.
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare offers a competitive compensation package for full time employment including health, dental, vision, life, disability insurance, paid time off, and more!
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare conducts extensive background checks and professional references for all potential employees. You must be able to provide a recent physical and required immunizations.
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is an equal opportunity employer, veterans & disability. All qualified individuals will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity or expression, genetics, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, political affiliation, veteran status or any other status that is protected by local, state or federal law.