Sign up for email alerts about new jobs.
LPN – Licensed Practical Nurse – $5,000 Sign-On
LPN – Licensed Practical Nurse | Leonard Florence Center for Living
$5,000 Sign-On Bonus!*
Be a part of the first and only Green House Ventilator Program in the world! The Leonard Florence Center for Living, located in scenic and historic “Admirals Hill” in Chelsea, MA is part of Chelsea Jewish Lifecare–a non-profit, mission driven organization which has been providing innovative care to the elderly and disabled in Massachusetts for over 100 years!
The Leonard Florence Center for Living sets the stage for a model of care that is far removed from traditional nursing homes. The prevailing goal of the Leonard Florence Center is to create a “real” home that provides exceptional care, but also supports those seeking to redefine the worth and meaning of late life and those living with debilitating diseases. It is not only the first urban Green House skilled nursing facility in the country, but it also has the remarkable distinction of showcasing three homes dedicated to caring for individuals living with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (known as ALS or Lou Gehrig’s disease) and multiple sclerosis (M.S.). Most recently, we opened a state-of-the-art Ventilator Unit’the only one of the kind in the world!
Position Summary: As a member of our nursing team, the LPN – Licensed Practical Nurse, will work as part of a self-managed team directly responsible for providing high quality care to our residents while being a constant companion striving to protect, nurture and sustain the residents in a competent, caring and compassionate manner. In addition to providing high quality care, you are also responsible for resident safety and the delivery of all services and tasks under the resident care plan.
Hours: Full-Time, Part-Time and Per-Diem schedules available for days, evenings and overnights on weekdays and weekends.
- $5,000 Sign-On Bonus! (Hired at FT or PT, minimum 24 hours/week)
- Rewarding job within an outstanding and recognized organization
- Great working environment in our state-of-the-art facility located on Admirals Hill
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Company-funded Life Insurance Policy
- Voluntary STD, LTD, Accident, Critical Illness Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Savings
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid time off, vacation and sick time
- Paid Birthday with Pay
- Tuition reimbursement
- Inclusive company culture
- Free Meals and Snacks!
- Free Groceries at our store!
- Free Parking!
- Facility Accessible by MBTA Commuter Rail and Bus and Rtes 93/1/1A/16
- And more!
**Health, Dental, Company-Paid Life Insurance and Sign-On Bonus for Full-Time only. All other benefits for 24+Hours/week.
- Determine Resident’s needs
- Provides Residents with outstanding care (customer service)
- Provide kind and compassionate care to our residents.
- Chart and report changes in residents’ conditions, such as response to medication or treatment.
- Provide basic resident care or treatments, such as temperatures and blood pressures
- Other duties as assigned
- Current Massachusetts LPN Licensure
- Experience in Geriatrics or long-term care is preferred but not required
- Maintains valid CPR certification
- Maintains educational competency as required by state and federal regulations
- Ability to stand, sit, walk, bend and squat for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to push, pull objects and lift/carry up to 20 pounds unassisted on a frequent basis and up to 50 pounds or more with assistance on occasion
- Ability to interact effectively with residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, the general public and other staff members
Schedule: Full-Time, Part-Time and Per-Diem schedules available for days, evenings and overnights on weekdays and weekends.
Hours: 7am-3pm, 3pm-11pm, 11pm-7am, 7am-7pm, 7pm-7am
Apply today and become part of our Chelsea Jewish Lifecare team at the Leonard Florence Center for Living!
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare conducts extensive background checks and professional references for all potential employees. If selected for hire, you must be able to provide a recent physical and required immunizations including fully-vaccinated status for Covid-19.
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is an equal opportunity employer, veterans & disability. All qualified individuals will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity or expression, genetics, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, political affiliation, veteran status or any other status that is protected by local, state or federal law.
Why Choose Chelsea Jewish
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is committed to being an “Employer of Choice”. We offer multiple employment opportunities for people with various interests and backgrounds interested in working in a variety of health care settings. At Chelsea Jewish Lifecare, you will find a great working environment and an excellent compensation package for eligible employees.
Diversity & Inclusion
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.