Sign up for email alerts about new jobs.
Licensed Nursing Home Administrator (LNHA)
Executive Director, LNHA – Leonard Florence Center for Living
The Leonard Florence Center for Living, located in scenic and historic “Admirals Hill” in Chelsea, MA is part of Chelsea Jewish Lifecare–a non-profit, mission driven organization which has been providing innovative care to the elderly and disabled in Massachusetts for over 100 years!
The Leonard Florence Center for Living sets the stage for a model of care that is far removed from traditional nursing homes. The prevailing goal of the Leonard Florence Center is to create a "real" home that provides exceptional care, but also supports those seeking to redefine the worth and meaning of late life and those living with debilitating diseases. It is not only the first urban Green House skilled nursing facility in the country, but it also has the remarkable distinction of showcasing three homes dedicated to caring for individuals living with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (known as ALS or Lou Gehrig's disease) and multiple sclerosis (M.S.). Most recently, we opened a state-of-the-art Ventilator Unit—the only one of the kind in the world!
The organization is currently seeking a forward-thinking, enthusiastic and innovative leader to join our team as the Executive Director, LNHA for our Leonard Florence Center for Living. The primary role of the Executive Director is directing the day-to-day functions of our six-story, 100-bed Green House skilled nursing facility that embodies the many comforts, design and ambiance of one's personal home. As the Executive Director, you will make decisions that make a difference to our employees, residents and families.
- Rewarding job within an outstanding and recognized organization
- Great working environment in our state-of-the-art facility located on Admirals Hill
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Company-funded Life Insurance Policy
- Voluntary STD, LTD, Accident, Critical Illness Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Savings
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid time off, vacation and sick time
- Paid Birthday with Pay
- Tuition reimbursement
- Inclusive company culture
- Free Parking
- Free Meals
- And more!
- Ensure regulatory compliance with annual surveys
- Represent the Organization both onsite and in the community
- Provide systems for continuing assessment of residents' health and well-being
- Maintain regulatory compliance in accordance with state and federal guidelines
- Assure a safe and pleasant environment for residents, family members and employees
- Conduct routine inspections of the facility to ensure that all policies and procedures are being followed
- Assume responsibility/authority for decisions regarding all aspects of facility operations
- Manage budget to meet facility needs and goals, working with CFO and department managers
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with residents, family members, employees and medical team
- Conduct routine inspections of the facility to assure that established policies and procedures are maintained
- Work in partnership with the Director of Nursing and Chief Operating Officer to ensure quality, person-centered care
- Establish and direct the implementation of written policies and procedures that reflect the goals and objectives of the Organization
- Current LNHA License in Massachusetts required
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in an Executive Director/NHA position
- Demonstrated impeccable leadership and organizational skills
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills are a must
- Demonstrated ability to lead and supervise professional and administrative staff
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity or expression, genetics, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, political affiliation, veteran status or any other status that is protected by local, state or federal law.
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare conducts extensive background checks and professional references for all potential employees. You must be able to provide a recent physical and required immunizations.
Why Choose Chelsea Jewish
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is committed to being an “Employer of Choice”. We offer multiple employment opportunities for people with various interests and backgrounds interested in working in a variety of health care settings. At Chelsea Jewish Lifecare, you will find a great working environment and an excellent compensation package for eligible employees.
Diversity & Inclusion
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.