Sign up for email alerts about new jobs.
Laundry / Housekeeping (Full Time)
Laundry / Housekeeping | Brudnick Center for Living
The Brudnick Center for Living, nestled on our beautiful campus in Peabody MA, is part of Chelsea Jewish Lifecare–a non-profit, mission driven organization which has been providing innovative care to the elderly and disabled in Massachusetts for over 100 years! The Brudnick Center For Living is a CMS rated 5-star nursing facility offering short-term rehabilitation, traditional long term care, and memory care with an outstanding team of professionals who go above-and-beyond each day in the care of our residents.
Position Summary: The full-time Laundry Aide provides a variety of laundry duties in maintaining the nursing center in an orderly, sanitary condition and in collecting and laundering of linens, garments, and washables for 30 hours per week and provides general housekeeping support for 7.5 hours per week.
Hours: Full-Time 37.5 hours per week.
- Rewarding job within an outstanding and recognized organization
- Great working environment in our modern campus in Peabody, MA
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Company-funded Life Insurance Policy
- Voluntary STD, LTD, Accident, Critical Illness Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Savings
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid time off, vacation and sick time
- Paid Birthday with Pay
- Tuition reimbursement
- Inclusive company culture
- Free Parking
- Easily accessible from 128/95/Route 1
- And more!
Laundry / Housekeeping Primary Responsibilities:
- Collects soiled laundry from resident closets
- Examines names on laundry to insure it matches the resident’s name and bed number
- Brings soiled laundry to the garage and from the garage to the truck for the outside company
- Restocks linen carts and linen supply areas
- Delivers personal laundry
- Uses proper procedure for entering resident rooms by knocking and identifying
- Hangs personal clothes in the resident closets
- Collects cubicle curtains to be washed and returns them when cleaned
- Prepares linen carts with the clean linen to be brought to the units
- Is knowledgeable about how to use the washing machines in an emergency
- Sorts and folds clothes when required to do so
- Labels personal laundry for all new residents upon admission
- Is alert to and acts upon any resident safety issue
- Ability to speak, understand and follow written and oral instructions in the English language.
- Ability to stand, sit, walk, bend and squat for prolonged periods
- Ability to push, pull objects and lift/carry up to 20 pounds unassisted on a frequent basis and up to 50 pounds or more with assistance on occasion
- Ability to interact effectively with residents, their families and other staff members
Apply today and become part of our Chelsea Jewish Lifecare team at the Brudnick Center for Living!
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare conducts extensive background checks and professional references for all potential employees. You must be able to provide a recent physical and required immunizations.
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is an equal opportunity employer, veterans & disability. All qualified individuals will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity or expression, genetics, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, political affiliation, veteran status or any other status that is protected by local, state or federal law.
Why Choose Chelsea Jewish
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is committed to being an “Employer of Choice”. We offer multiple employment opportunities for people with various interests and backgrounds interested in working in a variety of health care settings. At Chelsea Jewish Lifecare, you will find a great working environment and an excellent compensation package for eligible employees.
Diversity & Inclusion
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.