Laundry Aide | Leonard Florence Center for Living
For more information on open positions at Chelsea Jewish Lifecare, text “Jobs” to 351-666-6337.
Be a part of the first and only Green House Ventilator Program in the world! The Leonard Florence Center for Living, located in scenic and historic “Admirals Hill” in Chelsea, MA is part of Chelsea Jewish Lifecare-a non-profit, mission driven organization which has been providing innovative care to the elderly and disabled in Massachusetts for over 100 years!
The Leonard Florence Center for Living sets the stage for a model of care that is far removed from traditional nursing homes. The prevailing goal of the Leonard Florence Center is to create a “real” home that provides exceptional care, but also supports those seeking to redefine the worth and meaning of late life and those living with debilitating diseases. It is not only the first urban Green House skilled nursing facility in the country, but it also has the remarkable distinction of showcasing three homes dedicated to caring for individuals living with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (known as ALS or Lou Gehrig’s disease) and multiple sclerosis (M.S.). Most recently, we opened a state-of-the-art Ventilator Unit’the only one of the kind in the world!
Position Summary: As a member of the housekeeping team, the of the Housekeeper is to perform the day-to-day tasks and responsibilities to assure that our facility is maintained in a clean, safe, and comfortable manner for our residents, families, staff and guests.
- Rewarding job within an outstanding and recognized organization
- Great working environment in our state-of-the-art facility located on Admirals Hill
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance*
- Company-funded Life Insurance Policy*
- Voluntary STD, LTD, Accident, Critical Illness Insurance*
- Pet Insurance*
- 403(b) Retirement Savings*
- Flexible Spending Account*
- Paid time off, vacation and sick time
- Paid Birthday with Pay
- Tuition reimbursement
- Inclusive company culture
- Free Meals
- Free Parking
- Facility Accessible by MBTA Commuter Rail and Bus
- And more!
*Full Time Status
- Provide kind and compassionate care to our residents
- Maintain a clean and safe environment for residents, staff, and visitors
- Laundering of residents personal laundry, towels, and bed liners
- Thoroughly cleans all assigned resident apartments as assigned
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions, to follow instructions, and to accept constructive criticism
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public
- Must have the physical stamina to perform assigned duties
Hours: Full-Time, Part-Time and Per-Diem schedules available.