Sign up for email alerts about new jobs.
Human Resources Assistant | Part Time
Human Resources Assistant – Part Time
Legacy Lifecare seeking a Human Resources Assistant to support our team!
Who We Are
Legacy Lifecare Inc. is a non-profit management resources collaborative, providing small-to-mid-sized organizations access to the infrastructure needed to succeed in today's complex world. With deep expertise in strategy, finance, operations and support systems management, Legacy Lifecare enables its not-for-profit affiliates to preserve their missions and identities while gaining access to sophisticated managerial services and collaborative opportunities ordinarily only available to larger organizations.
Who You Are
- Exceptional organizational skills to maintain employee files for compliance with federal, state and local entities.
- Demonstrated skills working within MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and ability to learn and function inside payroll, recruiting and other electronic filing applications.
- Possesses excellent communication skills (written and verbal), conveying information with confidence and clarity.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills; ability to be flexible and available to interact with teammates at all levels; ability to be self-directed and motivated
- 3-5 years of administrative support experience or working in a human resources department in a related capacity.
- HS Diploma or equivalent; Associates or Certification/Accreditation in an applicable field preferred.
What You'll Do
Key responsibilities of the Human Resources Assistant will include but are not limited to, the following:
- Actively maintains, organizes, and audits active employee files to ensure compliance with all state and federal employment laws and local agencies.
- Reviews all new hire files after first day of orientation to ensure all forms have been signed and completed by the end of orientation.
- Communicates with HR Team with any employee needs in a timely way such as: employee injuries, leaves-of-absence, employee relations issues and other situations that require an urgent response by the HR Specialist.
- Point of contact for correspondence requested by employees such as hourly wage information, copies of medical records, training documents and verification letters.
- Enters all new hires into the employee portal.
- Processes all terminated employee files and ensures employee is made inactive in all systems.
- Participates in departmental functions which support employees such as Annual Mandatory In-Service Training, Health Fairs, Employee Appreciation Events.
- Provide recommendations on policies and procedures that support a positive work experience.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
*Legacy Lifecare is an equal opportunity employer for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $18.00 – $22.00 per hour
Why Choose Chelsea Jewish
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is committed to being an “Employer of Choice”. We offer multiple employment opportunities for people with various interests and backgrounds interested in working in a variety of health care settings. At Chelsea Jewish Lifecare, you will find a great working environment and an excellent compensation package for eligible employees.
Diversity & Inclusion
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.