Sign up for email alerts about new jobs.
HR Specialist | Full Time | Peabody, MA
HR Specialist | Full Time | Peabody, MA
Legacy Lifecare Inc. is a non-profit management resources collaborative, providing small-to-mid-sized organizations access to the infrastructure needed to succeed in today's complex world. With deep expertise in strategy, finance, operations and support systems management, Legacy Lifecare enables its not-for-profit affiliates to preserve their missions and identities while gaining access to sophisticated managerial services and collaborative opportunities ordinarily only available to larger organizations.
We are seeking a Human Resources Specialist to work on-site at our Brudnick Center for Living & Kaplan Estates, nestled on our beautiful campus in Peabody MA.
The primary role of the Human Resources Specialist is to align company business objectives, policies and procedures with employees and leadership at our Peabody, MA campus. The position will serve as a key partner to the business unit’s leadership on human resources-related issues by providing objective, quality guidance and resolution, and supporting leaders and their teams through strategy, execution and performance management, all while acting as a change agent. The HR Specialist will use their strong communication skills and business acumen to assess and anticipate HR-related needs, communicate needs proactively with the HR department and the business unit’s leadership team, and advise and assist by developing integrated solutions.
Primary Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Conducts weekly meetings with assigned departments and leaders on an ongoing basis to discuss and strategize the best way to support business and professional development needs.
- Consults with management team, providing HR guidance when appropriate.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to leadership team such as coaching, counseling, career development, and disciplinary actions.
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Identifies training needs for business unit and individual executive coaching needs.
- Participates in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Ensures compliance with all health and safety regulations, and keeps abreast of any changes to laws and regulations that impact the organization.
- Performs all clerical and administrative duties as it relates to the HR function, which may include but is not limited to, filing, faxing, photocopying, data entry, file creation and organization, generating mailings and employee communications.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Human Resources and 5 years of direct HR experience; or 8 years progressive professional Human Resources experience
- Demonstrated experience in a high level HR role
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent verbal, written and organizational skills required. Strong facilitation or training skills
- Ability to analyze organizational issues, translate complex concepts into action plans
- Working knowledge of multiple human resources functions, including but not limited to compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws
- Strong problem solving, leadership, interpersonal and listening skills
- Strong general business sense; professional demeanor; ability to maintain strict confidence
- Strong computer skills
- Rewarding job within an outstanding and recognized organization
- Great working environment in our modern facility located on a beautiful campus
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Company-funded Life Insurance Policy
- Voluntary STD, LTD, Accident, Critical Illness Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Savings
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid time off, vacation and sick time
- Paid Birthday with Pay
- Tuition reimbursement
- Free Parking
- Easy access via Routes 128/95/1
- Inclusive company culture
- And more!
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity or expression, genetics, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, political affiliation, veteran status or any other status that is protected by local, state or federal law.
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare conducts extensive background checks and professional references for all potential employees. You must be able to provide a recent physical and required immunizations.
Why Choose Chelsea Jewish
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is committed to being an “Employer of Choice”. We offer multiple employment opportunities for people with various interests and backgrounds interested in working in a variety of health care settings. At Chelsea Jewish Lifecare, you will find a great working environment and an excellent compensation package for eligible employees.
Diversity & Inclusion
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.