Hospice Nurse, RN – Spectrum Health & Hospice – JGS Lifecare
**For more information on open positions at JGS Lifecare, text “Jobs” to 351-666-4658.
JGS Lifecare has been taking care of the elders of our community for more than a century, fulfilling a promise made in 1912 to provide compassionate care to improve their physical, spiritual and social needs. Guided by Jewish traditions and values, we welcome the opportunity to make the lives of the elders we serve fulfilling, meaningful and vibrant across a spectrum of services. JGS Lifecare is committed to being an “Employer of Choice.” We offer employment opportunities for people with various interests and backgrounds interested in working in a variety of health and elder care settings. At JGS Lifecare you will find a great working environment and an excellent compensation and benefits package. We are a smoke-free campus to ensure the health and safety of JGS Lifecare residents, patients, visitors and employees.
The Hospice Nurse, is a licensed professional who provides direct and indirect patient care. In conjunction with the attending physician’s orders and the Hospice RN, providing care and interventions to hospice patients in a caring and compassionate manner.
- Follows the patient’s plan of care with consideration for the dignity and desires of the patient/family
- Participates in direct patient care by performing treatment and administering medications for relief
- Appropriate interventions in collaboration with the Interdisciplinary Team.
- Currently licensed in the state of Massachusetts as an RN
- Meet the Hospice’s conditions of employment regarding health clearance, and provisions of professional references.
- Have the ability to read, write and speak English.
- Be able to function in a practice environment with minimal direct supervision, accepting personal responsibility for maintaining a professional relationship with patients and families.
- Have the ability to relate to and treat terminally ill patients/families.
- Have the ability to function in the home situation regardless of age, race, creed, color, sex, disability or financial condition of the patient.
- Absolute integrity and the use of good judgment to handle the professional and confidential nature of assignments.
Hours/Schedule: Full-time (40hrs-including some weekend coverage.)
JGS Lifecare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity or expression, genetics, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, political affiliation, veteran status or any other status that is protected by local, state or federal law.
If selected for hire, you must be able to provide a recent physical and proof of immunizations including fully-vaccinated status for Covid-19 prior-to working within our facility.