Sign up for email alerts about new jobs.
Director of Development
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is seeking a self-motivated, experienced and passionate Director of Development who will create, in partnership with our CEO Emeritus, a robust and multi-faceted development strategy that will help grow Chelsea Jewish’s annual fundraising efforts.
Rooted in the Jewish tradition but welcoming of all faiths and backgrounds, Chelsea Jewish Lifecare has been providing quality and compassionate care to seniors within our community for over 100 years! Located within our modern and spacious facilities located in Chelsea and Peabody, we are able to meet the unmet needs of our residents by continuously implementing ground-breaking practices, models and solutions. Join us in our mission to honor the philosophies inherent in our history by providing compassionate care in “real” homes while envisioning a world in which high quality, assisted living, long-term residential and short term post-acute care is available in every community to every person. We are looking to add to our team of excellence and are seeking an experienced, self-motivated and enthusiastic Director of Development.
The Director of Development will help drive the organization’s fundraising efforts, including supporting the CEO Emeritus in all fundraising activities, soliciting gifts, creating and executing cultivation and stewardship activities, supporting any ongoing or future capital campaigns, researching and stewarding donors, and growing annual fundraising.
Ideal candidates are individuals who will demonstrate a measurable record of accomplishment and organizational development skills, enthusiasm, and knowledge of the Boston Jewish community to help Chelsea Jewish Lifecare set and achieve or exceed our fundraising goals.
This position will be salaried (exempt) and 40 hours per week. After an initial in-person onboarding period in our Peabody, MA campus location, a split in-person/remote schedule will be determined. The job has a starting salary range of $110,000-$140,000, commensurate with experience, and generous benefits can include health, dental and vision insurance, 403(b) retirement savings, a flexible spending account, paid time off, vacation and sick time, tuition reimbursement, and more.
- Works in partnership with the CEO Emeritus and other stakeholders to create overarching strategic and tactical Development plans that align with larger organizational objectives. These strategies will include annual campaign goals, donor acquisition and retention plans, direct mail and other broad community campaigns, capital campaigns, endowment opportunities, corporate and foundation giving, marketing materials, and pathways for volunteer engagement, as needed.
- Identifies, cultivates, and solicits a portfolio of prospects, donors, and corporate/foundation opportunities through meetings, targeted communication, and outreach. Sets specific metrics around increased giving, expanding the pipeline, and securing new gifts for themselves and others, as appropriate. Helps draft and review grant applications, as needed.
- Creates and executes donor stewardship plan for donors of various levels, including printed material, electronic communications, social media, and smaller events in coordination with organization marketing personnel and in consultation with key stakeholders.
- Uses online and other tools to identify key prospects within Chelsea Jewish Lifecare and the broader community and populates call and visit lists for CEO, CEO Emeritus and others.
- Partners with the Finance Department and other colleagues to create or refine internal systems and policies for gift processing, acknowledgement, and reporting, as well as external vehicles for donor stewardship and recognition. Oversees data entry, fundraising report writing and generation, and all aspects of donor management software.
- Promotes a Development culture throughout the organization, identifying opportunities to both raise funds directly as well as imbue every aspect of Chelsea Jewish Lifecare with a philanthropic culture mindset.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in a fundraising role (direct frontline fundraising, fundraising events, and/or donor research)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent interpersonal skills, interacting with both colleagues and potential donors
- Professional presence including the ability to effectively build trust and credibility to become a well-respected and well-liked ambassador for Chelsea Jewish Lifecare
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, experience or familiarity with grant writing preferred
- Ability to establish priorities, set objectives and achieve stated goals
- Results-driven and goal-oriented towards successful outcomes
- Creative, energetic and highly self-motivated mindset
- Strong organizational and research skills including the ability to generate, document and interpret data
- Deep knowledge of the Boston Jewish community
- PC literacy with strong competency in all Microsoft Office Suite programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Demonstrated ability to work with and maintain confidential information
An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered from qualified candidates.
- Must have availability to work evenings, weekends or irregular hours as necessary to interact with donors and prospects and attend relevant meetings and events.
- work on-site, in-person at staff events
- Lift and carry up to 25 (e.g. boxes of supplies for events)
- Rewarding job within an outstanding and recognized organization
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Company-funded Life Insurance Policy
- Voluntary STD, LTD, Accident, Critical Illness Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Savings
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid time off, vacation and sick time
- Paid day-off on your Birthday
- Tuition reimbursement
- Inclusive company culture
- Free Meals and Snacks!
- Free Groceries!
- Free Parking!
- And more!
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare conducts extensive background checks and professional references for all potential employees.
If selected for hire, you must be able to provide proof of a recent physical and required immunizations, including fully-vaccinated status for Covid-19 prior-to starting employment within our facility.
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is an equal opportunity employer, veterans & disability. All qualified individuals will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity or expression, genetics, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, political affiliation, veteran status or any other status that is protected by local, state or federal law.
Why Choose Chelsea Jewish
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is committed to being an “Employer of Choice”. We offer multiple employment opportunities for people with various interests and backgrounds interested in working in a variety of health care settings. At Chelsea Jewish Lifecare, you will find a great working environment and an excellent compensation package for eligible employees.
Diversity & Inclusion
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.