Cook (Per Diem) | Cohen Florence
Cohen Florence Levine Estates, located on Admirals Hill in Chelsea, MA, is a vibrant assisted living that is part of Chelsea Jewish Lifecare. Our facility offers the perfect balance of independence and support for our active seniors where they can experience worry-free living at its best, and receive personal attention that goes one step beyond!
We are seeking individuals that take pride in delivering excellence in serving others, especially our elderly population. the cook will prepare food in accordance with local, state and federal standards, guidelines and regulations. The cook will work in collaboration with the dietitian, residents and the Shahbazim (CNAs) to ensure the that nutritious and delicious food is prepared for our residents.
- Rewarding job within an outstanding and recognized organization
- Great working environment in our state-of-the-art facility located on Admirals Hill
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Inclusive company culture
- Free Parking
- Facility Accessible by MBTA Commuter Rail and Bus
- Free meals and snacks
- Free groceries every Friday
- And more!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review menus prior to preparing food
- Ensure that safety regulations and precautions are followed at all times
- Prepare meals in accordance with planned menus and therapeutic diet requirements. Will also have to prepare alternative food selections
- Prepare food in accordance with sanitary regulations
- Work with the dietitian and implement recommended changes
- Develops and maintains good working rapport with the Shahbazim and members of the team
- Attend in-service programs as directed
- Assists in maintaining the food storage area in a clean and properly arranged manner
- Ensures that food and supplies for the next meal are readily available
- Other duties may be assigned
- Minimum HS Diploma or GED
- Ability to read, write and comprehend the English language
- Experience working with food and working in the kitchen is highly preferred
- Maintains competencies as required by state and federal regulations
- Ability to stand, sit, walk, bend and squat for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to push, pull objects and lift/carry up to 20 pounds unassisted on a frequent basis and up to 25 pounds or more with assistance on occasion
- Ability to interact effectively with residents, family members, visitors, and other staff members
Hours: Per Diem
Apply today and become part of our Chelsea Jewish Lifecare team at the Cohen Florence Levine Estates!
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare conducts extensive background checks and professional references for all potential employees. If selected for hire, you must be able to provide a recent physical and required immunizations including fully-vaccinated status for Covid-19.
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is an equal opportunity employer, veterans & disability. All qualified individuals will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity or expression, genetics, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, political affiliation, veteran status or any other status that is protected by local, state or federal law.