Sign up for email alerts about new jobs.
Cook | Leonard Florence Center for Living
Cook – FT and Per Diem | Leonard Florence Center for Living
The Leonard Florence Center for Living, located in scenic and historic “Admirals Hill” in Chelsea, MA is part of Chelsea Jewish Lifecare–a non-profit, mission driven organization which has been providing innovative care to the elderly and disabled in Massachusetts for over 100 years!
The Leonard Florence Center for Living sets the stage for a model of care that is far removed from traditional nursing homes. The prevailing goal of the Leonard Florence Center is to create a "real" home that provides exceptional care, but also supports those seeking to redefine the worth and meaning of late life and those living with debilitating diseases. It is not only the first urban Green House skilled nursing facility in the country, but it also has the remarkable distinction of showcasing three homes dedicated to caring for individuals living with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (known as ALS or Lou Gehrig's disease) and multiple sclerosis (M.S.). Most recently, we opened a state-of-the-art Ventilator Unit—the only one of the kind in the world!
We are seeking individuals that take pride in delivering excellence in serving others, especially our elderly population. Working to support the Green House model of care, the cook will prepare food in accordance with local, state and federal standards, guidelines and regulations. The cook will work in collaboration with the dietitian, residents and the Shahbazim (CNAs) to ensure the that nutritious and delicious food is prepared for our residents.
- Rewarding job within an outstanding and recognized organization
- Great working environment in our state-of-the-art facility located on Admirals Hill
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Company-funded Life Insurance Policy
- Voluntary STD, LTD, Accident, Critical Illness Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Savings
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid time off, vacation and sick time
- Paid Birthday with Pay
- Tuition reimbursement
- Inclusive company culture
- Free Parking
- Facility Accessible by MBTA Commuter Rail and Bus
- Free meals
- And more!
*Health, Dental, Company-Paid Life Insurance, Voluntary Insurance, Pet Insurance, PTO, vacation, sick time, Retirement, FSA Birthday, Tuition, for Full-Time only.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review menus prior to preparing food
- Ensure that safety regulations and precautions are followed at all times
- Prepare meals in accordance with planned menus and therapeutic diet requirements. Will also have to prepare alternative food selections
- Prepare food in accordance with sanitary regulations
- Work with the dietitian and implement recommended changes
- Develops and maintains good working rapport with the Shahbazim and members of the team
- Attend in-service programs as directed
- Assists in maintaining the food storage area in a clean and properly arranged manner
- Ensures that food and supplies for the next meal are readily available
- Other duties may be assigned
- Minimum HS Diploma or GED
- Ability to read, write and comprehend the English language
- Experience working with food and working in the kitchen is highly preferred
- Maintains competencies as required by state and federal regulations
- Ability to stand, sit, walk, bend and squat for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to push, pull objects and lift/carry up to 20 pounds unassisted on a frequent basis and up to 25 pounds or more with assistance on occasion
- Ability to interact effectively with residents, family members, visitors, and other staff members
Cook Hours: Full-Time and Per-Diem positions available.
Apply today and become part of our Chelsea Jewish Lifecare team at the Leonard Florence Center for Living!
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare conducts extensive background checks and professional references for all potential employees. You must be able to provide a recent physical and required immunizations.
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is an equal opportunity employer, veterans & disability. All qualified individuals will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity or expression, genetics, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, political affiliation, veteran status or any other status that is protected by local, state or federal law.
Why Choose Chelsea Jewish
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is committed to being an “Employer of Choice”. We offer multiple employment opportunities for people with various interests and backgrounds interested in working in a variety of health care settings. At Chelsea Jewish Lifecare, you will find a great working environment and an excellent compensation package for eligible employees.
Diversity & Inclusion
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.