Sign up for email alerts about new jobs.
Controller (CPA, Non-Profit)
Controller | Legacy Lifecare | Peabody, MA
Legacy Lifecare Inc. is a non-profit management resources collaborative, providing small-to-mid-sized organizations access to the infrastructure needed to succeed in today’s complex world. With deep expertise in strategy, finance, operations and support systems management, Legacy Lifecare enables its not-for-profit affiliates to preserve their missions and identities while gaining access to sophisticated managerial services and collaborative opportunities ordinarily only available to larger organizations.
The organization was founded in 2019 by Chelsea Jewish Lifecare and JGS Lifecare, two highly respected leaders in senior living. Together these mission-driven non-profits have over 200 years of combined experience in serving their communities. Both organizations operate award-winning skilled nursing facilities, traditional and memory care assisted living residences and independent living across five campuses in Massachusetts. Additional services include home health care, hospice and palliative care, adult day health and aging life care.
Position Summary: Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Controller provides oversight and ongoing assessment of financial systems through sound fiscal management of company resources and by providing value-added financial coaching and support to business unit leaders.
- Assure excellence in accounting and associated reporting requirements
- Develop and implement goals, policies and procedures in accounting and financial reporting
- Accountable for treasury and cash management
- Responsible for the production of accurate and timely monthly financial statements, including income statement, balance sheet and statement of cash flow
- Oversee timely, accurate and effective execution of core fiscal operations, including accounting, accounts payable, billing, purchasing, payroll operations and all required external reporting
- Oversee and manage the finance team and manage the continual improvement of systems and processes
- Plan, supervise and assist the finance team in performing daily, weekly and monthly accounting processes to properly record, classify and control financial transactions
- Amend work schedules and assignments contingent upon needs of Organization and individuals served
- Assure timely responses to internal and external audits recommendations and that corrective action plans are developed and implemented where needed
- Oversee the external audits and completion and filing of all corporate income tax returns by CPA firm
- Function as GAAP and technical reporting resource for department
- Be capable of multi-tasking adhering to internal and/or external operational and financial deadlines.
- Support Finance Department initiatives, including software and systems implementation and other departmental or firm-wide improvements through research, planning and implementation as needed.
- Assist with special projects, technical accounting analysis and ad-hoc reporting
- Adhere to Organization’s policies and procedures, respect confidentiality and maintain a positive and professional attitude
- Promote ongoing positive communication with all stakeholders, including staff, participants, family members, internal directors, and regulatory representatives
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, finance, or other related field required
- CPA license required
- CPA firm audit experience required
- Health Care or Senior Care finance experience preferred
- Multi-entity financial statement experience preferred
- A minimum of five years of financial management experience at Controller level or above preferred
- The ideal candidate will have prior management experience in 501(c)(3) organizations
- Prior experience with Medicare and MA regulatory agencies, e.g., DPH and Mass Health, is preferred
- Analytical self-starter who produces quality work in a timely fashion
- Strong emphasis on teamwork; motivation to support mission with external audiences
- Demonstrated excellence in communications and internal presentations
- Rewarding job within an outstanding and recognized organization·
- Great working environment in our modern facility located in Peabody MA
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Company-funded Life Insurance Policy
- Voluntary STD, LTD, Accident, Critical Illness Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Savings
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid time off, vacation and sick time
- Birthday with Pay
- Tuition reimbursement
- Inclusive company culture
- Free Parking
- Easy access from 128/95, Rte 1 to Lynnfield St.
- And more!
Legacy Lifecare conducts extensive background checks and professional references for all potential employees. If selected, you must must be able to provide a recent physical and required immunizations, including fully-vaccinated status for Covid-19.
Legacy Lifecare is an equal opportunity employer, veterans & disability. All qualified individuals will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity or expression, genetics, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, political affiliation, veteran status or any other status that is protected by local, state or federal law.
Why Choose Chelsea Jewish
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is committed to being an “Employer of Choice”. We offer multiple employment opportunities for people with various interests and backgrounds interested in working in a variety of health care settings. At Chelsea Jewish Lifecare, you will find a great working environment and an excellent compensation package for eligible employees.
Diversity & Inclusion
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.