Sign up for email alerts about new jobs.
Business Office Manager
Business Office Manager | Brudnick Center for Living – Peabody, MA
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare has been providing quality and compassionate care to seniors within our community for over 100 years! Join us in our mission to honor the philosophies inherent in our history by providing compassionate care in “real” homes while envisioning a world in which high quality, assisted living, long-term residential and short term post-acute care is available in every community to every person.
The Brudnick Center for Living, nestled on our beautiful campus in Peabody MA, is part of Chelsea Jewish Lifecare- is a CMS rated 5-star nursing facility offering short-term rehabilitation, traditional long term care, and memory care with an outstanding team of professionals who go above-and-beyond each day in the care of our residents. We are currently seeking a Business Office Manager to work in our fast-paced facility!
Position Summary: The Business Manager is a key and visible member of the team, working directly with residents, families and a number of essential Departments. These departments include, but are not limited to: Admissions, MDS, Social Services and Finance. The Business Manager is responsible for the billing and collection of all resident accounts following established Company policies and regulatory compliance as dictated by CMS, MassHealth and other third party payers.
- Maintain daily census. Prepare census report for daily distribution to established group.
- Responsible for verifying and inputting financial information into billing system and maintaining resident files.
- Posting of deposits and EFT’s upon receipt.
- Prepare monthly billing statements for Private charges.
- Oversee Resident Trust Activity and send out Quarterly reports.
- Enter Ancillary charges for month end billing verifying that charges are going to proper payer.
- Generate Medicaid & Hospice billing on 1st of the month.
- Generate month end billing on or before the 8th of each month for Medicare & Managed Care.
- Follow up on open accounts and make calls on slow payers.
- Work directly with families and agencies on MassHealth Applications, Eligibility Reviews and Information requests to help expedite approval process.
- Attend weekly Finance meetings and Company meetings when required.
- Prepare Quarterly Medicare Credit Balance reports and complete schedules for preparation of Annual Cost reports.
- Attend monthly A/R Reviews which demonstrate adherence to target goals for Collections.
- Minimum High School Diploma; coursework, experience and/or degree in a related industry a plus!
- Long Term Care billing and collection experience strongly preferred;
- Proven understanding of State & Federal regulations within Long Term Care in Massachusetts.
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to relate positively, effectively, and appropriately with residents, families, vendors and Facility staff.
- Computer literacy and knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel & Word. Familiarity with PCC is a plus.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality as it relates to patient information. (HIPAA)
- Rewarding job within an outstanding and recognized organization·
- Great working environment in our recently renovated, modern facility located in Peabody MA
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Company-funded Life Insurance Policy
- Voluntary STD, LTD, Accident, Critical Illness Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Savings
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid time off, vacation and sick time
- Birthday off with pay
- Tuition reimbursement
- Inclusive company culture
- Free Parking
- Free Groceries
- Easy access from 128/95, Rte 1 to Lynnfield St.
- And more!
Hours: Full-Time, M-F Days
Apply today and become part of our Chelsea Jewish Lifecare team at the Brudnick Center for Living!
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare conducts extensive background checks and professional references for all potential employees. If hired, you must be able to provide a recent physical and required immunizations including Covid-19.
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is an equal opportunity employer, veterans & disability. All qualified individuals will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity or expression, genetics, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, political affiliation, veteran status or any other status that is protected by local, state or federal law.
Why Choose Chelsea Jewish
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is committed to being an “Employer of Choice”. We offer multiple employment opportunities for people with various interests and backgrounds interested in working in a variety of health care settings. At Chelsea Jewish Lifecare, you will find a great working environment and an excellent compensation package for eligible employees.
Diversity & Inclusion
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.