Assistant Food Service Director
German Centre of West Roxbury, MA
At Altenheim, we are committed to not only providing compassionate and comprehensive care for our residents, but also maintaining a culture where our staff are respected, valued, and rewarded. We are a leader in the industry when it comes to the value we place on resident care and employee appreciation. Moreover, we offer extremely competitive wages, a generous benefits program, and opportunities for professional advancement, with an emphasis on work/life balance. Simply put, we place an enormous value on our and we are not afraid to show it.
Nestled on a beautiful, wooded campus in West Roxbury, Altenheim is part of Legacy Lifecare, a non-profit, mission driven organization that has been providing innovative care to the elderly and disabled in Massachusetts for over 100 years.
We are currently seeking an experienced Assistant Food Service Director to work in conjunction with our Food Service leading the dietary team at the Altenheim facility.
German Centre at Altenheim located in West Roxbury, MA, is a skilled nursing residence and post-acute care provider that consistently delivers high-quality, compassionate care while focusing on the development of innovative programs and services that enable individuals to live as independently as possible.
- Required: A minimum of seven years food or restaurant or food service management, including production, service, sanitation, training, and education.
- Required LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS: Serve Safe Certified obtained within 6 months of employment. Additional certifications required by federal, state, and/or local regulations.
- Preferred , Culinary, Restaurant/Institution Management, Dietetics, or Nutrition preferred.
- Coordinates activities of all Dietary Staff on the Dietary Team as instructed by Food Service Director.
- Assists the Food Service Director with training new employees and performance reviews, as well as implementation of corrective actions when necessary.
- Maintaining high standards in Kosher food preparation and service.
- Enforces the accuracy of the diets and that they are going to the appropriate persons maintain patient/resident safety and satisfaction.
- Providing food substitutions if need be.
- Plans weekly menus in advance and orders all supplies to make sure meals are complete.
- Maintains inventory of all food served and food substitutions, records purchases and usages.
- Keeps files and/or binders updated on recipes for all food items.
- Inspects purchases of food for freshness and high levels of quality.
- Participates in resident care meetings and infectious control.
- Responsible for all special events related to food and services.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe work environment for all Dietary staff.
- Works closely with maintenance all codes, regulations, and repairs of equipment.
- Attendance all necessary management meetings and forums.
- Acts under the guidance of the Food Service responds to requests promptly.
Hours -Time Mon-Fri, some evening and weekend coverage if needed to help manage the department.
Our Outstanding Benefits Package Includes:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Basic Life Insurance
- Voluntary Insurance (Accident, LTD, STD, Whole Life Insurance)
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Shift Differentials
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid time off, vacation and sick time
- Tuition reimbursement
- Inclusive company culture
- Employee referral program
- Free parking
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
West Roxbury, MA 02132 Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Altenheim conducts extensive background checks and professional references for all potential employees. You must be able to provide a recent physical and required immunizations including status for Covid-19.
Altenheim is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity or expression, genetics, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, political affiliation, veteran status or any other status that is protected by local, state, or federal law.