Sign up for email alerts about new jobs.
Assistant Director of Nursing & SDC | Leonard Florence Center
ADON/SDC – Assistant Director of Nursing/Staff Development Coordinator | Leonard Florence Center for Living
The Leonard Florence Center for Living, located in scenic and historic “Admirals Hill” in Chelsea, MA is part of Chelsea Jewish Lifecare–a non-profit, mission driven organization which has been providing innovative care to the elderly and disabled in Massachusetts for over 100 years!
The Leonard Florence Center for Living sets the stage for a model of care that is far removed from traditional nursing homes. The prevailing goal of the Leonard Florence Center is to create a "real" home that provides exceptional care, but also supports those seeking to redefine the worth and meaning of late life and those living with debilitating diseases. It is not only the first urban Green House skilled nursing facility in the country, but it also has the remarkable distinction of showcasing three homes dedicated to caring for individuals living with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (known as ALS or Lou Gehrig's disease) and multiple sclerosis (M.S.). Most recently, we opened a state-of-the-art Ventilator Unit—the only one of the kind in the country!
Under the leadership of the Director of Nursing and the Executive Director, the Assistant Director of Nursing/Staff Development Coordinator (ADON/SDC) is responsible for the planning, organization and development of the day-to-day functions of the department, while ensuring that the highest degree of quality and compassionate care is delivered at all times to the residents. The ADON/SDC will consistently and objectively assess the educational needs of our staff, participate in new hire orientation, onboarding and training of new members of our nursing team, while regularly evaluating their competency, integrity and commitment towards exceptional care to the residents. The ADON/SDC is also responsible for managing the annual in-service training program and compliance with all state, local and company documentation requirements such as professional licensure, medicals, immunizations and the COVID-19 Testing processes and protocols.
- Rewarding job within an outstanding and recognized organization
- Great working environment in our state-of-the-art facility located on Admirals Hill
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Company-funded Life Insurance Policy
- Voluntary STD, LTD, Accident, Critical Illness Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Savings
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid time off, vacation and sick time
- Paid Birthday with Pay
- Tuition reimbursement
- Inclusive company culture
- Free Parking
- Free Meals
- Facility Accessible by MBTA Commuter Rail and Bus
- And more!
- Deliver written and oral reports/recommendations to the Director of Nursing as necessary concerning the operation of the nursing service department
- Assist in developing methods and systems for coordination of nursing services with other resident services to insure the continuity of the residents' total regimen of care
- Ensure that the competence of all staff members is assessed, maintained and improved continually
- Coordinate all mandatory employee in-services
- Participate in the interviewing, onboarding, training, mentorship and supervision of nursing staff
- Develop, manage, and evaluate department policies and procedures in accordance with current rules and regulations
- Participate in annual surveys
- Maintain regulatory compliance in accordance with company, local, state, and federal guidelines
- Work in partnership with the Director of Nursing to ensure quality, person-centered care
- Current Massachusetts RN Licensure
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Strong organizational and training skills
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Previous experience in a long-term care facility and/or with the Geriatric population
- Effective supervisory and relationship-building skills
Hours: Full-Time, M-F Days, On-call Coverage as needed/required.
Apply today and become part of our Chelsea Jewish Lifecare team at the Leonard Florence Center for Living!
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare conducts extensive background checks and professional references for all potential employees. You must be able to provide a recent physical and required immunizations.
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is an equal opportunity employer, veterans & disability. All qualified individuals will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity or expression, genetics, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, political affiliation, veteran status or any other status that is protected by local, state or federal law.
Why Choose Chelsea Jewish
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is committed to being an “Employer of Choice”. We offer multiple employment opportunities for people with various interests and backgrounds interested in working in a variety of health care settings. At Chelsea Jewish Lifecare, you will find a great working environment and an excellent compensation package for eligible employees.
Diversity & Inclusion
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.