German Centre at Deutsches Altenheim located in West Roxbury, MA, is a skilled nursing residence and post-acute care provider that consistently delivers high-quality, compassionate care while focusing on the development of innovative programs and services that enable individuals to live as independently as possible. We are seeking a part-time Activities Assistant to join the Deutsches Altenheim team at German Centre!
Position Summary: The Activities Assistant works with the Activities Director to deliver the recreational and social, programs, in accordance with the resident’s assessment and care plan.
- Assist in planning, developing, organizing, implementing, and evaluating the activity program
- Interview residents or family members to obtain activity information
- Involve the resident/family in planning activity programs when possible
- Ensure that all charted activity progress notes are informative and descriptive of the services provided and indicate the resident’s response to the service
- Assist in the development of and participate in regularly scheduled orientation and in-service training programs that relate to the activity department
- Assist in developing a written plan of care (preliminary and comprehensive) for each resident’s activity program that identifies the problems/needs of the resident and the goals to be accomplished for each problem/need identified
- Run Activities in the absence of other Assistants
- FaceTime and Zoom with patients and their families
- Monitor and escort groups during Music Concerts, patients waiting for permanent placement, and to Activities on their appropriate floor.
- Other responsibilities as deemed necessary and appropriate, or as may be directed by the Activity Director
Schedule: Per diem
- Must possess, as a minimum, a high school diploma.
- Therapeutic Recreation Certification preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in long-term care or assisted living.
- Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, procedures, etc. of the department.
- Must possess and maintain an unencumbered driver’s license.
- Must be able to drive the community vans and assist residents with transfers on and off the vans.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and be able to relate professionally and positively to residents, family members, volunteers, and facility staff.
- Must function independently and have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with residents, personnel, and support agencies. Demonstrates organizational skills and ability to coordinate and plan.
- Must be able to make responsible choices and decisions and act in a resident’s best interest.
- Must meet the general health requirements set forth by the policies of the facility which include a medical and physical examination.
- Demonstrates knowledge of computer systems, applications, and other office equipment.
Deutsches Altenheim conducts extensive background checks and professional references for all potential employees. You must be able to provide a recent physical and required immunizations.
Deutsches Altenheim is an equal opportunity employer, veterans & disability. All qualified individuals will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity or expression, genetics, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, political affiliation, veteran status or any other status that is protected by local, state or federal law.