Sign up for email alerts about new jobs.
Activities Assistant (Full Time or Part Time)
Activities Assistant | Full-Time or Part Time | Katzman Center for Living
Position Summary: The Activities Assistant works with the Activities Director to deliver recreational and social programming in accordance with the resident’s assessment and care plan.
- Rewarding job within an outstanding and recognized organization
- Great working environment in our state-of-the-art facility located on Admirals Hill
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Company-funded Life Insurance Policy
- Voluntary STD, LTD, Accident, Critical Illness Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Savings
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid time off, vacation and sick time
- Paid Birthday with Pay
- Tuition reimbursement
- Inclusive company culture
- Free Parking
- Facility Accessible by MBTA Commuter Rail and Bus
- And more!
*Health, Dental, Company-Paid Life Insurance and Sign-On Bonus for Full-Time only. All other benefits for 24+Hours/week.
- Assist in planning, developing, organizing, implementing, and evaluating the activity program of the Katzman Center for Living
- Interview residents or family members to obtain activity information
- Involve the resident/family in planning activity programs when possible
- Ensure that all charted activity progress notes are informative and descriptive of the services provided and indicate the resident’s response to the service
- Assist in the development of and participate in regularly scheduled orientation and in-service training programs that relate to the activity department
- Assist in developing a written plan of care (preliminary and comprehensive) for each resident’s activity program that identifies the problems/needs of the resident and the goals to be accomplished for each problem/need identified
- Interview Rehab Patients for the purpose of completing reports for Point Click Care data entry,
- Run Activities in the absence of other Assistants
- FaceTime and Zoom with patients and their families
- Monitor and escort groups during Music Concerts, patients waiting for permanent placement, and to Activities on their appropriate floor.
- Other responsibilities as deemed necessary and appropriate, or as may be directed by the Activity Director
Schedule: Friday through Monday;
Hours: Flexible for 5-8 hours/day
- Must possess, as a minimum, a high school diploma.
- Therapeutic Recreation Certification preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in long-term care or assisted living.
- Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, procedures, etc. of the department.
- Must possess and maintain an unencumbered driver’s license.
- Must be able to drive the community vans and assist residents with transfers on and off the vans.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and be able to relate professionally and positively to residents, family members, volunteers, and facility staff.
- Must function independently and have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with residents, personnel, and support agencies. Demonstrates organizational skills and ability to coordinate and plan.
- Must be able to make responsible choices and decisions and act in a resident’s best interest.
- Must meet the general health requirements set forth by the policies of the facility which include a medical and physical examination.
- Demonstrates knowledge of computer systems, applications, and other office equipment.
Apply today and become part of our Chelsea Jewish Lifecare team at the Katzman Center for Living!
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare conducts extensive background checks and professional references for all potential employees. You must be able to provide a recent physical and required immunizations.
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is an equal opportunity employer, veterans & disability. All qualified individuals will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity or expression, genetics, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, political affiliation, veteran status or any other status that is protected by local, state or federal law.
Why Choose Chelsea Jewish
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is committed to being an “Employer of Choice”. We offer multiple employment opportunities for people with various interests and backgrounds interested in working in a variety of health care settings. At Chelsea Jewish Lifecare, you will find a great working environment and an excellent compensation package for eligible employees.
Diversity & Inclusion
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.